A full 8 hours of sleep is supposed to be all you need to boost your energy and stay alert throughout the day. So why do you still suffer from morning and afternoon fatigue? Pouring yourself that second cup of coffee may seem like a good solution, but the slump that inevitably comes afterward can leave you feeling even more drained than before. Luckily, there are a variety of foods and supplements you can take in order to perk yourself up and feel ready for the day.
What Is Really the ‘Breakfast of ‘Champions’?
Breakfast is oftentimes considered the forgotten meal. Many of us cite a lack of hunger in the morning or a busy schedule that does not allow time for what doctor’s call the most important meal of the day. If you’re waking up groggy or hitting at 3pm slump, you may want to reconsider carving out time for breakfast.
Not only does breakfast increase alertness and help keep you awake, but research shows that eating breakfast can help improve cognitive function. But what exactly constitutes a healthy breakfast that will keep you awake and alert? Here are a few breakfast ideas that are full of complex carbohydrates and protein to ensure you are up-and-at-'em:
- A whole-grain bagel with cream cheese
- Two pieces of whole-grain toast with mashed avocado and a side of eggs
- Oatmeal with fresh and in-season fruit
- Whole-grain cereals with a banana and protein-rich granola
If you find yourself strapped for time in the morning, making one of these healthy smoothies the night before and saving them in the fridge for the morning is a great grab-and-go breakfast idea that will help perk you up.
Supplements to Energize
I get it- life is busy. Sometimes, we just don’t have the time to sit down and prepare a healthy, energy-boosting breakfast. Every once in a while it is good to reach for a clean and healthy supplement that will help you bridge the gaps in your nutrition. When it comes to energizing, these following supplements can help you through that mid-day slump:
- Vitamin B12 is important for helping your body convert what you eat into energy and can also keep your body’s nerves and cells healthy and functioning optimally.
- Iron is a crucial supplement for creating hemoglobin, a protein within your red blood cells that supplies oxygen to different parts of your body. Someone who is anemic, or low on iron, may experience more fatigue than the average individual.
- Coenzyme Q10 (also known around the block by the nickname CoQ10) is an antioxidant that is crucial for the production of energy within your body. CoQ10 is necessary for your cells to function properly, and thus create energy that your body can use.
- Magnesium is a mineral that helps promote adequate rest and has been shown to help cure symptoms of insomnia. Magnesium can help promote a deeper rest when sleeping and thus translate to feeling more rested and energetic during the day.
- Vitamin C is not only important when it comes to immune system support, but can also help you fight off fatigue and feel more healthy and energized.
One of the best supplements you can take to promote energy production is a supplement that combines Vitamin B, Vitamin C, and other nutrients that help your body convert energy. At Agape Nutrition, the Protocols for Health Adrenal Complex 120 Vegetarian Capsules offers you just that and so much more. Combating morning and afternoon fatigue, brain fog, irritable moods, and more, these supplements are the ultimate powerhouse for shutting the door on daily fatigue.
Visit Agape Nutrition to learn more about what supplements can help you feel more energetic and ready to take on your day.