Natures Way, Activated Charcoal 100 Capsules
- Helps to remove undigested toxins and chemicals from the body
- Can help to reduce intestinal gas
- May assist in the healthy functioning of the kidneys
- It May help to reduce levels of cholesterol
- May reduce the efficacy of other medications
- Contraindicated with certain medications – consult a medical professional
- Recommended dose: two capsules, twice or three times a day, three to four hours before or after meals
Activated charcoal is a black powder derived from non-toxic products such as coconut shells, olive stones, and bone char. Superheating the charcoal changes its structure, stripping it of any molecules that it has previously absorbed. This process also reduces the size of its pores and creates more holes in each of its molecules, creating a more porous material with a larger surface area and additional binding sites. The charcoal in Nature's Way Activated Charcoal 100 Capsules works by using its naturally negative electric charge to attract materials that are positively charged, such as those belonging to gases and toxins. This prevents them from being absorbed through the intestinal membrane and they are then naturally excreted.
Through this process, Nature's Way Activated Charcoal 100 Capsules may also have a beneficial effect on the kidneys. Those suffering from kidney ailments can find the processing of waste products difficult. Activated charcoal can help transport urea from the bloodstream, lightening the load on the kidneys. This product’s potency means it may interfere with certain medications. Take two capsules, between two and three times a day.
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 50
Amount Per Serving:
|Ingredient||Amount||% Daily Value|
Charcoal's high absorbency may reduce the effectiveness of certain medications. This product is not intended as a treatment for accidental poisoning. Consult a physician before taking charcoal capsules with other medications.