Integrative Therapeutics | Physicians' Elemental Diet | Powder
MEDICAL FOOD INTENDED FOR USE UNDER MEDICAL SUPERVISION.
Physicians' Elemental Diet is intended for use under medical supervision for the dietary management of patients who have limited or impaired capacity to digest, absorb, or metabolize ordinary foods or certain nutrients. Physicians' Elemental Diet is a strictly hypoallergenic formula with a well-tolerated flavor.
Elemental Diet for Patients with Moderate to Severe Gastrointestinal Dysfunction!
Physicians' Elemental Diet is intended for use under medical supervision for the dietary management of patients with GI dysfunction.
The elemental diet is designed for the dietary management of:
- Irritable bowel and Crohn's disease, 1-6
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), 7-9
- Moderate to severe impaired gastrointestinal function. 3, 10-12
Physicians' Elemental Diet contains a balanced blend of macronutrients fortified with essential vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes to assure comprehensive support as a sole source of nutritional intake for limited periods. It has been:
- Specifically formulated to contain free amino acids, partially hydrolyzed carbohydrate and medium chain triglycerides to aid in their absorption from the GI lumen.
- Designed to maintain nutritional sustenance as a sole source of nutrition for up to four weeks.
- Produced as a strictly hypoallergenic formula, free from intact protein, polypeptides, corn, gluten, wheat, soy, and dairy.
- Formulated with a well-tolerated flavor for improved patient adherence.
Dosing by Caloric Need!
Physicians' Elemental Diet was designed to maintain nutritional sustenance as a sole source of nutrition, and can also be used as a half-elemental diet making dosing dependent upon the caloric needs of each patient. One scoop of Physicians' Elemental Diet = 36 grams, and 150 calories. Each 432g bag contains 12 scoops (1,800 calories) and each 1,296g bag contains 36 scoops (5,400 calories.
|1 Scoop||36g||150 Calories|
|432g bag||12 Scoops||1800 Calories|
|1296g bag||36 Scoops||5400 Calories|
Serving Size: 36 g
Servings Per Container: 12
Amount Per Serving:
|Ingredient||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||25|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||25 g|
|Protein (Contains 5 g free form amino acids per 36 g serving)|
|Vitamin A (Beta Carotene)||833 IU|
|Vitamin C||20 mg|
|Vitamin D3||66 IU|
|Vitamin E||10 IU|
|Vitamin K||10 mcg|
|Riboflavin (Riboflavin-5-phosphate)||0.56 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal-5-phosphate)||667 mcg|
|Folate (as Quatrefolic® brand (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate, glucosamine salt)||33 mcg|
|Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin)||0.5 mcg|
|Pantothenic Acid||3.3 mg|
Directions and/or Dosage!
Thoroughly mix each level scoop (36 g) in 4-8 oz. (118 - 236 mL) chilled or room temperature water. Additional water may be added to the mixture or consumed separately as desired. Consume the mixture slowly over a period of 15 to 60 minutes or more, dependent upon individual comfort. Once mixed, any product that is not consumed after 60 minutes should be refrigerated for a maximum of 24 hours, then shaken or stirred prior to consumption. After opening, store remaining powder in a dry place at room temperature.
Mixture may not be orange in color when mixed with water, but rather white in color and may contain sediment that may not dissolve completely. Manufacture image may reflect a juice rather than water for suggested taste.
The contents are based upon the weight of product, and may settle during shipping and handling. Due to variations in product handling, there may be slight variations between each scoop.
dextrose, tapioca maltodextrin, medium chain triglycerides, natural flavor, l-glutamine, l-proline, l-aspartic acid, l-serine, potassium citrate, l-arginine hydrochloride, l-alanine, disodium phosphate, l-leucine, l-lysine hydrochloride, l-valine, l-glycine, calcium glycerophosphate, tricalcium phosphate, l-isoleucine, choline bitartrate, l-threonine, l-tyrosine, magnesium citrate, l-phenylalanine, l-methionine, l-histidine, magnesium glycerophosphate, l-cysteine hydrochloride, potassium chloride, l-tryptophan, sodium ascorbate, l-carnitine l-tartrate, sodium chloride, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate, ferrous gluconate, l-taurine, zinc sulfate, calcium d-pantothenate, beta carotene, niacinamide, sodium selenite, manganese citrate, phytonadione, pyridoxal-5-phosphate, cholecalciferol, riboflavin- 5-phosphate, thiamine hydrochloride, copper sulfate, Quatrefolic®((6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate glucosamine salt), d-biotin, sodium molybdate, potassium iodide, methylcobalamin.
Does Not Contain!
- Artificial coloring
- Artificial flavoring
- Dairy products
Contains no disaccharides, sorbitol, mannitol, xylitol.
Not intended for use in children.
1. Gorard, DA, Hunt, JB, Payne-James, JJ, et al. 1993. Gut. 34:1198-202.
2. O'Morain, C, Segal, AW, Levi, AJ. 1984. Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 288:1859-62.
3. Ueno, F, Matsui, T, Matsumoto, T, et al. 2013. J Gastroenterol. 48:31-72.
4. Verma, S, Kirkwood, B, Brown, S, Giaffer, MH 2000. Dig Liver Dis. 32:769-74.
5. Yamamoto, T, et al. 2005. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 11:580-8.
6. Zoli, G, Carè, M, Parazza, M, et al. 1997. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 11:735-40.
7. Van Citters, GW, Lin, HC. 2005. Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 7:317- 20.
8. Bures, J, et al. 2010. World J Gastroenterol. 16:2978-90.
9. Pimentel, M, et al. 2004. Dig Dis Sci. 49:73-7.
10. Eiden, KA. 2003. Pract. Gastroenterol. 2003, 33-43, 47-54.
11. Fisher, RL 1999. J. Nutr. 129:252S-5S.
12. Devlin, J, David, TJ, Stanton, RH. 1991. Arch Dis Child. 66:93-9.