XYMOGEN, Berbemycin 120 Capsules
Berbemycin™ features berberine, a plant alkaloid broadly used in traditional Ayurvedic and Chinese herbal practices that have exhibited clinical benefits for supporting healthy microbial activity in the gastrointestinal tract. The complementary ingredients Oregon grape root, which naturally contains concentrated berberine, and grapefruit seed and uva ursi extracts also influence microbial activity.*
- Supports Healthy Microbial Activity*
- Supports Gastrointestinal Health*
Berberine is a plant alkaloid derived from several different plant species used in traditional Chinese medicine. Modern clinical use as well as in vivo, in vitro, and animal research studies have suggested a role for berberine in a variety of therapeutic applications, including its positive impact on gastrointestinal (GI) health and microbial balance.*
One of the most time-honored uses of berberine is as a remedy for loose stools. Although the exact mechanism isn’t clear, the beneficial use of berberine for this purpose has been attributed in animal and in vitro studies to its antisecretory effect and its support of healthy microbial activity in the GI tract.[2-4] Preliminary human clinical studies in India in the 1960s followed by additional research in the 1980s have helped establish an evidence base for these effects.[2,3] In a randomized controlled trial in subjects (N = 165) with watery stools thought to be caused by certain strains of bacteria, a single 400 mg dose of berberine resulted in significantly reducing stool volume in the test group in three consecutive eight-hour periods following treatment. The authors concluded that berberine was an effective antisecretory agent for diarrhea caused by enterotoxigenic bacteria.*
Increasing evidence indicates that gut microbiota is a crucial mediator that regulates the pharmacokinetic and biological effects of berberine. When exposed to certain bacterial, fungal, and viral strains in vitro, berberine and its derivatives have demonstrated the ability to inhibit microbial synthesis.[3,4] Berberine also induces compositional alterations in gut microbiota and regulates gut microbe-dependent metabolites, factors that contribute to its biological effects on lipid and glucose metabolism.[1,4] Additionally, gut microbiota influences the bioavailability of berberine and is necessary for its conversion to dihydroberberine, the intestine-absorbable form.*[6,7]
Oregon Grape Root contains a range of isoquinoline alkaloids, including berberine. Once known as Indian barberry, the Oregon grape was traditionally used by North American tribal communities for liver, gall bladder, kidney, and GI ailments as well as for a general health tonic. Studies support its antimicrobial qualities, its use in regulating bile acid metabolism, and its contribution to epithelial regeneration by increasing mucosal secretions, which are critical for GI microflora proliferation, intestinal absorption, and intestinal motility.*
Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) contains polyphenols that are converted into a diverse class of quaternary ammonium compounds and used by the food processing and agricultural industries for their antimicrobial effect. Additionally, GSE is used as a natural remedy for GI issues linked to microbial imbalance, but it has been hypothesized that this clinically observed benefit may be attributable to the preservatives in the extract.*
In vitro research has shown that GSE has an inhibitory effect on various bacterial biotypes, yeasts, and molds.[10,11] In vivo research is limited, but a small trial in patients (n = 15) with atopic eczema was designed to assess the effect of GSE extract on several bacterial and yeast strains. It demonstrated that oral administration of 150 mg of GSE three times per day resulted in varying degrees of inhibition of some fungal and bacterial species, and an improvement in GI symptoms was noted in all patients. The above findings indicate the antimicrobial potential for non-adulterated GSE; however, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled human trials with large subject groups are needed to further substantiate GSE for this use.*
Uva Ursi (Bearberry Leaf) is a traditionally used remedy for urinary tract infections. The constituent in uva ursi that appears to have an antimicrobial effect is the phenolic glycoside arbutin, which undergoes hepatic conjugation to form hydroquinone (HQ). A review of published and unpublished human and experimental studies summarized the evidence relating to the safety and efficacy of uva ursi extract in supporting lower urinary tract health. Pharmacokinetic data suggest that the intake of 420 mg of HQ (calculated as anhydrous arbutin) is a safe, therapeutic option.*
XYMOGEN’s Berbemycin contains 250 mg of berberine hydrochloride (HCl) per serving complemented by Oregon grape root, GSE, and uva ursi extract. This multidimensional formula is designed to provide support for healthy microbial activity while also promoting GI health.*
Capsule (hypromellose and water), hydroxypropyl cellulose, silica, and ascorbyl palmitate.
Take two capsules once or twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare professional. Consult your healthcare professional before use. Individuals taking medication should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare professionals. Do not use it if the tamper seal is damaged.
Keep closed in a cool, dry place out of reach of children.
Formulated To Exclude:
Wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, animal and dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, sesame, ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs), artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, and artificial preservatives.
- Gaba S, Saini A, Singh G, et al. Bioorg Med Chem. 2021;38:116143. doi:10.1016/j. bmc.2021.116143
- Sack RB, Froehlich JL. Infect Immun. 1982;35(2):471-475. doi:10.1128/iai.35.2.471- 475.1982
- Amin AH, Subbaiah TV, Abbasi KM. Can J Microbiol. 1969;15(9):1067-1076. doi:10.1139/ m69-190
- Wolf PG, Devendran S, Doden HL, et al. BMC Microbiol. 2021;21(1):24. doi:10.1186/ s12866-020-02020-1
- Rabbani GH, Butler T, Knight J, et al. J Infect Dis. 1987;155(5):979-984. doi:10.1093/ infdis/155.5.979
- Yang S, Li D, Yu Z, et al. Front Pharmacol. 2021;12:709629. doi:10.3389/ fphar.2021.709629
- Feng R, Shou JW, Zhao ZX, et al. Sci Rep. 2015;5:12155. doi:10.1038/srep12155
- Davis R. Oregon Grape (Berberis spp.). Accessed May 25, 2022. https://www.herbrally.com/ monographs/Oregon-grape
- Grapefruit. In: Natural Medicines – Professional. Therapeutic Research Center. Updated November 10, 2021. Accessed February 8, 2022. https://naturalmedicines. therapeuticresearch.com/databases/food,-herbs-supplements/professional. aspx?productid=946
- Reagor L, Gusman J, McCoy L, et al. J Altern Complement Med. 2002;8(3):325-332. doi:10.1089/10755530260128014
- Ionescu G, Kiehl R, Wichmann-Kunz F, et al. J Orthomol Med. 1990;5(3):155-157.
- Head KA. Altern Med Rev. 2008;13(3):227-244.
- de Arriba SG, Naser B, Nolte KU. Int J Toxicol. 2013;32(6):442-453. doi:10.1177/1091581813507721.
|USPS (Business Days)||UPS (Business Days)|
|USPS Priority Mail (1-3 Business Day)||UPS 2nd Day Air (2 Business Day)|
|USPS Parcel Select (1-7 Business Day )||UPS 3 Day Select (1-3 Business Day)|
|USPS First Class Package (1-3 Business Day)||UPS Ground (1-7 Business Day)|
Please Note: No Saturday Delivery Available.
Agape Nutrition is proud to offer:
United States Postal Service (USPS) and United Parcel Service (UPS) as our standard shipping carriers and their services. Shipping rates are determined in real time or carrier book rate by weight and distance. Shipping Options are determined and reflected upon check out, for your choosing. If an option is not listed upon check out, your package may not meet the weight requirement or the service may not be available to the address location. Automated invoices for orders and shipping updates will drop into the email listed on the Agape Nutrition account. If SMS is accepted, automated updates will go to your phone via text message, you may also receive an email.
We pride ourselves on providing fast service at competitive prices.
- Orders received by 12:00 pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) are generally processed the same day, and may ship within 24 hours. However, this is not a guarantee.
- Orders received after 12:00 PM (PST) may process within 24 to 48 hours of receipt.
- Tracking is updated within 24 to 48 hours of receipt and after processing and the package has shipped.
Processing and shipping times are:
- Estimated and applicable during regular business hours.
- Dependent upon the daily order volume at Agape Nutrition.
- Dependent upon the daily order volume at the partner warehouse.
- Dependent upon the time zones of our manufacture and distributor partners.
- Dependent upon the shipping service practices and processing standards.
Signature may be required for:
- Orders of a high dollar amount.
- Biotics Research shipments.
- Vielight shipments.
- Richway shipments.
- All electronic devices.
- All laboratory test kits.
We have fixed shipping rates for a select few brand partners as per their shipping rate requirements, which may be different then our own and other distributor warehouses. Brands that apply: Vielight, Richway International, Biotics Research.
Shipping carriers are experiencing delays. This is due to increased shipments resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic combined with any holidays, and / or natural disasters.
Expedited shipping (2-Day, 3-Day, and Next-Day) are not guaranteed by the carriers and does not include weekend delivery. Due to no carrier guarantees, delayed or late packages are not eligible for refunds. This is a stipulation directly from the shipping carriers and is out of our control.
Shipping Service Guarantees Remain Suspended for Most Shipments. Please reach out to the shipping carrier for more information.
Please see our FAQ page for additional questions and answers.
All discounts and promotional offers are calculated before shipping and handling rates are applied.
Orders cannot be cancelled or changed once the order has been placed and the confirmation is received.
Products may ship faster then expected, and many are automated to process directly after order confirmation. We work directly with top professional manufactures and distributors from across the United States, in all time zones. There are a lot of cogs and wheels turning to process and ship your order efficiently to meet an on time delivery target. When you request a cancellation or change of an order, it may take up to 72 hours to process your request. This process may involve voiding orders in computer systems, removing items from back order logs, pulling items from production schedules and sometimes stopping orders at the shipping dock or warehouse. Our order fulfillment may be performed by many quick hands, in different states and time zones. Therefore, we cannot offer or guarantee order cancellations after the order has been received.
- Products may process and ship faster then expected.
- Products may be automated to process directly after the order is confirmed.
- Product warehouses may be in different states and time zones.
- Orders may take up to 72 hours to process a cancellation or change.
Agape Nutrition is proud to ship to 52 states and territories of the United States.
- All 50 United States (includes Washington DC, Hawaii, Alaska)
- Armed Forces: Americas (AA)
Orders shipped to U.S. military addresses (APO/FPO/DPO) will ship via United States Postal Service (USPS) at the carrier book rate; normal delivery of these orders may be delayed by one (1) business day.
Agape Nutrition does not offer international shipping at this time, outside the 52 states, including Washington DC and Armed Forces Americas of the United States.
HEAT SENSITIVE SHIPMENTS
Products requiring shipment in a cool environment (perishable and frozen items) are subject to special shipping procedures due to their sensitive nature to ensure customers receive products in good condition. Heat sensitive items are shipped using sealed thermal bubble bag, ice pack or brick, resealable bag and extra padding to ensure a cool environment. We do not recommend heat sensitive item ship to territories of the United States, and we cannot be held responsible for cooled environment degradation to these destinations.
Agape Nutrition recommends that heat sensitive products ship with your preference of any 1-3 Day delivery service. We do not offer overnight or next day delivery service at this time. Saturday delivery is not available or guaranteed, unless offered by the shipping carrier as part of the normal delivery.
- Heat sensitive items are not eligible for return, credit, or refund. As we cannot guarantee cool storage or efficacy of the product, after the order has been delivered.
- Delays in shipping service delivery, caused an issue? See our return policy for further information.
Please be aware of severe weather and hazardous conditions in your area or other states that may affect the timeliness of your package delivery. Agape Nutrition can not be responsible for severe weather and unforeseen incidents that may impact the processing times and/or shipping services. We will work to ensure the safety of our employees while minimizing effects on service. Contingency plans are in place to help ensure that shipments arrive at their final destinations as quickly as conditions permit.
Please Be Aware of Any Possible Shipping Delays:
(1) Slight delays with fulfillment processing may occur as manufacture and distributor warehouses are experiencing higher than normal volume and demand for nutritional items.
(2) Shipping carriers are experiencing delays. This is due to increased shipments resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic combined with any holidays, and/or natural disasters. Expedited shipping (2-Day, 3-Day, and Next-Day) are not guaranteed by the carriers and does not include weekend delivery. Please reach out to the shipping carrier for more information.
(3) Please be aware of severe weather conditions in or around your location and surrounding states that my affect the timeliness of delivery.