XYMOGEN, CurcuPlex-95™ 120 Capsules
Joint & Muscle Support
CurcuPlex-95™ features BCM-95®—a 100% pure turmeric extract standardized to curcumin, demethoxycurcumin, bisdemethoxycurcumin, and essential oils of turmeric rhizome. This natural composition optimizes bioavailability and reflects true turmeric identity to deliver optimal health benefits. BCM-95 has been extensively studied and shows broad efficacy without the use of phospholipids, excipients, additives, carriers, nanotechnology, or bio-enhancers.*
- Provides Antioxidant and Cell-Protective Activity*
- Supports Joint Health and Helps Relieve Minor Pain Associated With Physical Activity*
- Supports the Health of Organs and Systems by Modulating the Production of Cytokines and Other Signaling Molecules*
- Supports The Body’s Efforts to Promote Healthy Cell Growth and Inhibit Unhealthy Cell Growth in Certain Cell Lines*
- Supports Brain/Neuronal Health and a Healthy Mood*
- Supports a Healthy Microbial Environment*
Curcumin, the principal curcuminoid in turmeric, has been the subject of vast research in recent years. The pleiotropic nature of curcumin’s biological effects makes it an interesting compound to researchers who study common chronic health concerns, such as those associated with joints, the cardiovascular system, glucose metabolism, brain function, mood, and cell-cycle regulation.*[1-6]
The mechanisms underlying curcumin’s effects are diverse and have not been fully elucidated, but it is known that curcumin has powerful antioxidant activity and that it has multiple molecular targets, including transcription factors, cell cycle proteins, cytokines, chemokines, enzymes (e.g., COX-2), receptors, and adhesion molecules. These effects make curcumin applicable to a wide array of clinical presentations.*
Patented Formulation: BCM-95®
While the beneficial effects of curcumin are hardly arguable, an area of intense research is how to make curcumin more bioavailable. Poor absorption in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, rapid metabolism, and rapid systemic elimination are characteristics of commercially available curcumin preparations. While investigating a way to overcome these challenges, scientists discovered they could take advantage of the synergism between the curcuminoids and the sesquiterpenoids (essential oils) naturally present in turmeric. This discovery resulted in the development of BCM-95—a 100% natural whole turmeric extract composed of 86% curcuminoids (curcumin, demethoxycurcuminoid, and bisdemethoxycurcuminoid) and 7%-9% essential oils.*
Essential oils are a natural component of the turmeric rhizome. Not only do they enhance the absorption of curcuminoids, but they also impart health benefits.[8-10] The essential oils found in BCM-95 are extracted using double steam distillation. Essential oils comprise 7% to 9% of turmeric, with 50% of that being ar-turmerone, alpha-turmerone, and beta-turmerone. Some of the other essential oils present in BCM-95 include ar-curcumene, alpha-curcumene, zingiberene, betasesquiphellandrene, beta-atlantone, and germacrone.*
The Bioavailability of BCM-95
Animal and human studies have demonstrated the superior bioavailability of the BCM-95 curcumin composition.[7,11,12] In a pilot crossover study, Antony et al compared the bioavailability of three forms of curcumin: BCM-95, normal curcumin, and a non-controlled release curcumin-piperine-lecithin formula. The data demonstrated that the absorption of curcumin from BCM-95 was fast, peaked at 4.5 hours with a gradual decline and that curcumin was still detectable in the blood at eight hours. The other formulas showed slower curcumin absorption with an earlier peak and rapid disappearance from the blood after 4.5 hours. The relative bioavailability of BCM-95 was approximately 6.93-fold higher than normal curcumin and 6.3-fold higher than the non-controlled release curcumin-lecithinpiperine formula. According to the researchers, the results of this study indicate that BCM-95 curcumin is “absorbed early and retained longer” compared to other forms.*
Unlike other bioavailability-enhanced curcumin formulas, BCM-95 does not contain any non-turmeric compounds; no phospholipids, excipients, additives, carriers, nanotechnology, or bio-enhancers are used.
To date, BCM-95 is backed by more than 21 published studies and over 12 years of research conducted around the world. Unlike many commercially available curcumin formulas, the bioavailability, safety, and efficacy of BCM-95 curcumin have been demonstrated in numerous preclinical and human studies. The following areas illustrate the massive body of research behind BCM-95 in relation to common health concerns: colon health[13-17], mood and stress[5,18-20], cognitive health, joint health[2,21], urinary health, cytokine modulation[23,24], prostate health[25-27], breast health, and cardiovascular health.*
As an example of the findings, in an eight-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial (n=56), ingestion of 500 mg BCM-95 twice daily resulted in significant improvements in mood-related parameters during weeks four to eight. These findings are supported by related research into curcumin’s effect on mood.[18,19] In another study, the effects of BCM-95 on joints were evaluated. The BCM-95 group (500 mg for eight weeks) showed the highest percentage of improvement in scoring related to joint health and comfort.*[2
In addition to the aforementioned published studies, eight human clinical trials using BCM-95 for periods of 21 days to one year are currently underway at prestigious institutions, including several at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas.
Safety and Dosing
Turmeric has been safely consumed for thousands of years, and its medicinal compound curcumin has an outstanding safety profile. Phase I clinical trials using up to 8 g/d for four months did not result in discernable toxicities. Mild gastrointestinal distress can sometimes accompany curcumin supplementation, but this may be minimized by consuming the supplement with food. Current doses in clinical trials using BCM-95 range from 500 mg/d to 1000 mg/d.*
Capsule (hypromellose and water), dicalcium phosphate, ascorbyl palmitate, silica, and carboxymethyl cellulose.
Take one capsule twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use. Individuals taking medication, especially blood thinners or for cancer, should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare practitioner. Do not use it if the tamper seal is damaged.
Keep closed in a cool, dry place out of reach of children.
Formulated To Exclude:
Wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, soy, animal and dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs), artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, and artificial preservatives.
1. Yang F, Lim GP, Begum AN, et al. Curcumin inhibits the formation of amyloid beta oligomers and fibrils, binds plaques, and reduces amyloid in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2005 Feb 18;280(7):5892-901. [PMID: 15590663]
2. Chandran B, Goel A. A randomized, pilot study to assess the efficacy and safety of curcumin in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis. Phytother Res. 2012 Nov;26(11):1719-25. [PMID: 22407780]
3. Garcea G, Berry DP, Jones DJ, et al. Consumption of the putative chemopreventive agent curcumin by cancer patients: assessment of curcumin levels in the colorectum and their pharmacodynamic consequences. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2005 Jan;14(1):120-25. [PMID: 15668484]
4. Ghosh S, Banerjee S, Sil PC. The beneficial role of curcumin on inflammation, diabetes and neurodegenerative disease: A recent update. Food Chem Toxicol. 2015 Sep;83:111-24. [PMID: 26066364]
5. Sanmukhani J, Satodia V, Trivedi J, et al. Efficacy and safety of curcumin in major depressive disorder: a randomized controlled trial. Phytother Res. 2014 Apr;28(4):579-85. [PMID: 23832433]
6. Baum L, Lam CW, Cheung SK, et al. Six-month randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, pilot clinical trial of curcumin in patients with Alzheimer's disease. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2008 Feb;28(1):110-13. [PMID: 18204357]
7. Antony B, Merina B, Iyer VS, et al. A pilot cross-over study to evaluate human oral bioavailability of BCM-95CG (Biocurcumax), a novel bio-enhanced preparation of curcumin. Indian J Pharm Sci. 2008 Jul-Aug;70(4):445-9. [PMID: 20046768]
8. Honda S, Aoki F, Tanaka H, et al. Effects of ingested turmeric oleoresin on glucose and lipid metabolisms in obese diabetic mice: a DNA microarray study. J Agric Food Chem. 2006 Nov 29;54(24):9055-62. [PMID: 17117790]
9. Singh V, Jain M, Misra A, et al. Curcuma oil ameliorates insulin resistance & associated thrombotic complications in hamster & rat. Indian J Med Res. 2015 Jun;141(6):823-32. [PMID: 26205026]
10. Nishiyama T, Mae T, Kishida H, et al. Curcuminoids and sesquiterpenoids in turmeric (Curcuma longa L.) suppress an increase in blood glucose level in type 2 diabetic KK-Ay mice. J Agric Food Chem. 2005 Feb 23;53(4):959-63. [PMID: 15713005]
11. Shishu M. Comparative bioavailability of curcumin, turmeric, and Biocurcumax™ in traditional vehicles using non-everted rat intestinal sac model. J Funct Foods. 2010; 2(1):60-65. [on file]
12. Benny M, Antony B. Bioavailability of Biocurcumax™ (BCM-095™). Spice India. 2006; Sept:11-15. http:// geronova.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Spice_Board.pdf. Accessed September 22, 2015.
13. Buhrmann C, Kraehe P, Lueders C, et al. Curcumin suppresses crosstalk between colon cancer stem cells and stromal fibroblasts in the tumor microenvironment: potential role of EMT. PLoS One. 2014 Sep 19;9(9):e107514. [PMID: 25238234]
14. Shakibaei M, Buhrmann C, Kraehe P, et al. Curcumin chemosensitizer 5-fluorouracil resistant MMR-deficient human colon cancer cells in high-density cultures. PLoS One. 2014 Jan 3;9(1):e85397. [PMID: 24404205]
15. Toden S, Okugawa Y, Jascur T, et al. Curcumin mediates chemosensitization to 5-fluorouracil through miRNA-induced suppression of epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in chemoresistant colorectal cancer. Carcinogenesis. 2015 Mar;36(3):355-67. [PMID: 25653233]
16. Toden S, Okugawa Y, Buhrmann C, et al. Novel evidence for curcumin and boswellic acid-induced chemoprevention through regulation of mir-34a and mir-27a in colorectal cancer. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2015 May;8(5):431-43. [PMID: 25712055]
17. Shakibaei M, Buhrmann C, Kraehe P, et al. Curcumin chemosensitizer 5-fluorouracil resistant MMR-deficient human colon cancer cells in high-density cultures. PLoS One. 2014 Jan 3;9(1):e85397. [PMID: 24404205]
18. Sanmukhani J, Anovadiya A, Tripathi CB. Evaluation of the antidepressant-like activity of curcumin and its combination with fluoxetine and imipramine: an acute and chronic study. Acta Pol Pharm. 2011 SepOct;68(5):769-75. [PMID: 21928724]
19. Lopresti AL, Maes M, Meddens MJ, et al. Curcumin and major depression: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial investigating the potential of peripheral biomarkers to predict treatment response and antidepressant mechanisms of change. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2015 Jan;25(1):38-50. [PMID: 25523883]
20. Lopresti AL, Maes M, Maker GL, et al. Curcumin for the treatment of major depression: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. J Affect Disord. 2014;167:368-75. [PMID: 25046624]
21. Kizhakkedath R. Clinical evaluation of a formulation containing Curcuma longa and Boswellia serrata extracts in the management of knee osteoarthritis. Mol Med Rep. 2013 Nov;8(5):1542-48. [PMID: 24002213]
22. Hejazi J, Rastmanesh R, Forough-Azam T, et al. A pilot clinical trial of radioprotective effects of curcumin supplementation in patients with prostate cancer. J Cancer Sci Ther. 2013;5(10):320-24. http://www. omicsonline.org/a-pilot-clinical-trial-of-radioprotective-effects-of-curcumin-supplementation-in-patients with-prostate-cancer-1948-5956.1000222.php?aid=19259. Accessed September 22, 2015.
23. Leray V, Freuchet B, Le Bloc’h J, et al. Effect of citrus polyphenol- and curcumin-supplemented diet on inflammatory state in obese cats. Br J Nutr. 2011 Oct;106 Suppl 1:S198-201. [PMID: 22005428]
24. Horohov D, Sinatra S, Chopra R, et al. The effect of exercise and nutritional supplementation on proinflammatory cytokine expression in young racehorses during training. J Equine Vet Sci. 2012; 32:805- 15. http://www.equinenutriceuticals.com/pdf/Exercise-inflammation-paper-with-back.pdf. Accessed September 22, 2015.
25. Yan J, Katz AE. ProstaCaid induces G2/M cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in human and mouse androgen-dependent and-independent prostate cancer cells. Integr Cancer Ther. 2010 Jun;9(2):186-96. [PMID: 20587444]
26. Jiang J, Eliaz I, Sliva D. Suppression of growth and invasive behavior of human prostate cancer cells by ProstaCaid™: mechanism of activity. Int J Oncol. 2011 Jun;38(6):1675-82. [PMID: 21468543]
27. Jiang J, Loganathan J, Eliaz I, et al. ProstaCaid inhibits tumor growth in a xenograft model of human prostate cancer. Int J Oncol. 2012 May;40(5):1339-44. [PMID: 22293856]
28. Jiang J, Wojnowski R, Jedinak A, et al. Suppression of proliferation and invasive behavior of human metastatic breast cancer cells by dietary supplement BreastDefend. Integr Cancer Ther. 2011 Jun;10(2):192-200. [PMID: 20926736]
29. Baum L, Cheung SK, Mok VC, et al. Curcumin effects on blood lipid profile in a 6-month human study. Pharmacol Res. 2007 Dec;56(6):509-14. [PMID: 17951067]
30. Cheng AL, Hsu CH, Lin JK, et al. Phase I clinical trial of curcumin, a chemopreventive agent, in patients with high-risk or pre-malignant lesions. Anticancer Res. 2001 Jul-Aug;21(4B):2895-900. [PMID: 11712783]
|USPS (Business Days)||UPS (Business Days)|
|USPS Priority Mail (1-3 Business Day)||UPS 2nd Day Air (2 Business Day)|
|USPS Parcel Select (1-7 Business Day )||UPS 3 Day Select (1-3 Business Day)|
|USPS First Class Package (1-3 Business Day)||UPS Ground (1-7 Business Day)|
Please Note: No Saturday Delivery Available.
Agape Nutrition is proud to offer:
United States Postal Service (USPS) and United Parcel Service (UPS) as our standard shipping carriers and their services. Shipping rates are determined in real time or carrier book rate by weight and distance. Shipping Options are determined and reflected upon check out, for your choosing. If an option is not listed upon check out, your package may not meet the weight requirement or the service may not be available to the address location. Automated invoices for orders and shipping updates will drop into the email listed on the Agape Nutrition account. If SMS is accepted, automated updates will go to your phone via text message, you may also receive an email.
We pride ourselves on providing fast service at competitive prices.
- Orders received by 12:00 pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) are generally processed the same day, and may ship within 24 hours. However, this is not a guarantee.
- Orders received after 12:00 PM (PST) may process within 24 to 48 hours of receipt.
- Tracking is updated within 24 to 48 hours of receipt and after processing and the package has shipped.
Processing and shipping times are:
- Estimated and applicable during regular business hours.
- Dependent upon the daily order volume at Agape Nutrition.
- Dependent upon the daily order volume at the partner warehouse.
- Dependent upon the time zones of our manufacture and distributor partners.
- Dependent upon the shipping service practices and processing standards.
Signature may be required for:
- Orders of a high dollar amount.
- Biotics Research shipments.
- Vielight shipments.
- Richway shipments.
- All electronic devices.
- All laboratory test kits.
We have fixed shipping rates for a select few brand partners as per their shipping rate requirements, which may be different then our own and other distributor warehouses. Brands that apply: Vielight, Richway International, Biotics Research.
Shipping carriers are experiencing delays. This is due to increased shipments resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic combined with any holidays, and / or natural disasters.
Expedited shipping (2-Day, 3-Day, and Next-Day) are not guaranteed by the carriers and does not include weekend delivery. Due to no carrier guarantees, delayed or late packages are not eligible for refunds. This is a stipulation directly from the shipping carriers and is out of our control.
Shipping Service Guarantees Remain Suspended for Most Shipments. Please reach out to the shipping carrier for more information.
Please see our FAQ page for additional questions and answers.
All discounts and promotional offers are calculated before shipping and handling rates are applied.
Orders cannot be cancelled or changed once the order has been placed and the confirmation is received.
Products may ship faster then expected, and many are automated to process directly after order confirmation. We work directly with top professional manufactures and distributors from across the United States, in all time zones. There are a lot of cogs and wheels turning to process and ship your order efficiently to meet an on time delivery target. When you request a cancellation or change of an order, it may take up to 72 hours to process your request. This process may involve voiding orders in computer systems, removing items from back order logs, pulling items from production schedules and sometimes stopping orders at the shipping dock or warehouse. Our order fulfillment may be performed by many quick hands, in different states and time zones. Therefore, we cannot offer or guarantee order cancellations after the order has been received.
- Products may process and ship faster then expected.
- Products may be automated to process directly after the order is confirmed.
- Product warehouses may be in different states and time zones.
- Orders may take up to 72 hours to process a cancellation or change.
Agape Nutrition is proud to ship to 52 states and territories of the United States.
- All 50 United States (includes Washington DC, Hawaii, Alaska)
- Armed Forces: Americas (AA)
Orders shipped to U.S. military addresses (APO/FPO/DPO) will ship via United States Postal Service (USPS) at the carrier book rate; normal delivery of these orders may be delayed by one (1) business day.
Agape Nutrition does not offer international shipping at this time, outside the 52 states, including Washington DC and Armed Forces Americas of the United States.
HEAT SENSITIVE SHIPMENTS
Products requiring shipment in a cool environment (perishable and frozen items) are subject to special shipping procedures due to their sensitive nature to ensure customers receive products in good condition. Heat sensitive items are shipped using sealed thermal bubble bag, ice pack or brick, resealable bag and extra padding to ensure a cool environment. We do not recommend heat sensitive item ship to territories of the United States, and we cannot be held responsible for cooled environment degradation to these destinations.
Agape Nutrition recommends that heat sensitive products ship with your preference of any 1-3 Day delivery service. We do not offer overnight or next day delivery service at this time. Saturday delivery is not available or guaranteed, unless offered by the shipping carrier as part of the normal delivery.
- Heat sensitive items are not eligible for return, credit, or refund. As we cannot guarantee cool storage or efficacy of the product, after the order has been delivered.
- Delays in shipping service delivery, caused an issue? See our return policy for further information.
Please be aware of severe weather and hazardous conditions in your area or other states that may affect the timeliness of your package delivery. Agape Nutrition can not be responsible for severe weather and unforeseen incidents that may impact the processing times and/or shipping services. We will work to ensure the safety of our employees while minimizing effects on service. Contingency plans are in place to help ensure that shipments arrive at their final destinations as quickly as conditions permit.
Please Be Aware of Any Possible Shipping Delays:
(1) Slight delays with fulfillment processing may occur as manufacture and distributor warehouses are experiencing higher than normal volume and demand for nutritional items.
(2) Shipping carriers are experiencing delays. This is due to increased shipments resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic combined with any holidays, and/or natural disasters. Expedited shipping (2-Day, 3-Day, and Next-Day) are not guaranteed by the carriers and does not include weekend delivery. Please reach out to the shipping carrier for more information.
(3) Please be aware of severe weather conditions in or around your location and surrounding states that my affect the timeliness of delivery.