XYMOGEN, i5™ Creamy Chocolate 10 Servings
I5™represents an innovative approach to biotransformation for individuals whose health is constantly challenged. This all-natural, fructose-free formula includes ingredients that promote overall gastrointestinal health and support detoxification mechanisms and cytokine balance in the body. i5 features patented and proprietary ingredients, including 21 g of VegaPro™, a non-GMO, vegetable-based protein, as well as IgG 2000 CWP™, OncoPLEX™ (glucoraphanin), and arabinogalactan, a prebiotic. Professionals have reported the best results when i5 is combined with a modified elimination diet.*
- Supports Improved Body Composition*
- Supports Immune Function by Providing Immunoglobulins and Other Immune Factors*
- Supports Healthy Cytokine Production*
- Supports Intestinal Health*
- Supports Detoxification*
VegaPro™ XYMOGEN’s proprietary blend of pea protein isolate, glycine, taurine, rice protein concentrate, and L-glutamine provides 21 g of plant-based protein per serving of i5. VegaPro is easily digested, is gluten-free, and achieves an amino acid score of 100%.[1,2] This amino acid profile supports protein metabolism and lean body mass. Aminogen® enhances protein digestibility and absorption.*
IgG 2000 CWP™ is an immunoglobulin concentrate from colostral whey peptides that delivers a minimum of 40% IgG immunoglobulin along with an array of compounds, including growth factors, sialic acid, lactoferrin, proline-rich peptides (PRPs), oligosaccharides, and gangliosides. Each of these components provides the user with different and complementary health benefits, such as fundamental support of immune function and modulation, lean body mass, brain and thymus health, microbiota modulation, and cytokine balance.*
Oral consumption of immunoglobulins derived from colostrum is a means of supporting passive immunity, protecting the body, and eliminating unwanted molecules.[4-7] The most versatile, IgG, is capable of carrying out all of the functions of immunoglobulin molecules, accounting for IgG 2000 CWP’s broad range of immune-supportive effects. A review of the research confirms that bovine colostrum supplementation confers other benefits, such as the maintenance of gastrointestinal integrity.[9-11] Oral immunoglobulins have been used in sports nutrition to support lean body mass, physical exercise, and recovery following high-intensity training.[9,13] The 2.5 grams of immunoglobulins in each serving of i5 contribute to individual dosing requirements.*
OncoPLEX™ (glucoraphanin) This patented plant-based ingredient, also known as sulforaphane glucosinolate, is extracted from one of its most concentrated cruciferous sources—broccoli seeds. An abundance of research demonstrates that when glucoraphanin is broken down to its active form, sulforaphane, it safely and effectively upregulates the body’s natural phase II detoxification enzymes.[15-17] This activity in turn supports antioxidant activity and helps protect cells, cell membranes, and tissues from free-radical damage.*
Arabinogalactan Sourced from the larch tree, arabinogalactan is a nondigestible, soluble dietary fiber that contains arabinose and galactose monosaccharides. It is considered an excellent source of fiber, favorably supports gut microflora as a prebiotic, and serves as a precursor to short-chain fatty acids, all elements that help support gastrointestinal health.*[18,19]
Pea protein isolate, dried cane syrup, fiber complex (inulin (from chicory) and oat fiber), natural flavors (no MSG), immunoglobulin protein concentrate, sunflower oil, glycine, arabinogalactan, tripotassium citrate, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, taurine, medium-chain triglyceride oil, fungal proteasesS1, broccoli seed extractS2, rice protein concentrate, guar gum, stevia leaf extract, L-glutamine, and silica.
Blend, shake, or briskly stir the contents of one packet (46 g) into 8-12 oz chilled water and consume it one to two times daily, or as directed by your healthcare professional. Adjust the amount of water to desired sweetness and thickness. Consult your healthcare professional prior to use. Individuals taking medication should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare professionals.
Keep closed in a cool, dry place out of reach of children.
Formulated To Exclude:
Wheat, gluten, yeast, soy protein, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, and artificial preservatives.
1. Fredrikson M, Biot P, Alminger ML, et al. Production process for high-quality pea-protein isolate with low content of oligosaccharides and phytate. J Agric Food Chem. 2001 Mar;49(3):1208-12. [PMID: 11312837]
2. Gausserès N, Mahé S, Benamouzig R, et al. [15N]-labeled pea flour protein nitrogen exhibits good ileal digestibility and postprandial retention in humans. J Nutr. 1997 Jun;127(6):1160-65. [PMID: 9187631]
3. Godhia M, Patel N. Colostrum—its composition, benefits as a nutraceutical: a review. Curr Res Nutr Food Sci. 2013;1(1):37-47. http://dx.doi. org/10.12944/ CRNFSJ.1.1.04
4. Hurley D. Establishment of the effects of colostrally derived protein food supplements on human and animal health [dissertation]. Brookings, SD: South Dakota State University; 1994.
5. Hurley WL, Theil PK. Perspectives on immunoglobulins in colostrum and milk. Nutrients. 2011 Apr;3(4):442-74. Review. [PMID: 22254105]
6. Rump JA, Arndt R, Arnold A, et al. Treatment of diarrhea in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients with immunoglobulins from bovine colostrum. Clin Investig. 1992 Jul;70(7):588-94. [PMID: 1392428]
7. Schaller JP, Saif LJ, Cordle CT, et al. Prevention of human rotavirus-induced diarrhea in gnotobiotic piglets using bovine antibody. J Infect Dis. 1992 Apr;165(4):623-30. [PMID: 1313067]
8. Lotze MT. Measuring Immunity: Basic Science and Clinical Practice. London, UK: Academic Press; 2004:160.
9. Davison G. Bovine colostrum and immune function after exercise. Med Sport Sci. 2012;59:62-9. doi: 10.1159/000341966. [PMID: 23075556]
10. Greenberg PD, Cello JP. Treatment of severe diarrhea caused by Cryptosporidium parvum with oral bovine immunoglobulin concentrate in patients with AIDS. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol. 1996 Dec 1;13(4):348-54. [PMID: 8948373]
11. Kelly GS. Bovine colostrums: a review of clinical uses. Altern Med Rev. 2003 Nov;8(4):378-94. Review. [PMID: 14653766]
12. Antonio J, Sanders MS, Van Gammeren D. The effects of bovine colostrum supplementation on body composition and exercise performance in active men and women. Nutrition. 2001 Mar;17(3):243-7. [PMID: 11312068]
13. Shing CM, Hunter DC, Stevenson LM. Bovine colostrum supplementation and exercise performance: potential mechanisms. Sports Med. 2009;39(12):1033- 54. [PMID: 19902984]
14. Brassica®. What is SGS? http://sgs-broccoli.com/what-is-sgs/. Accessed April 21, 2014.
15. Boddupalli S, Mein JR, Lakkanna S, et al. Induction of phase 2 antioxidant enzymes by broccoli sulforaphane: perspectives in maintaining the antioxidant activity of vitamins A, C, and E. Front Genet. 2012;3:7. [PMID: 22303412]
16. Sulforaphane glucosinolate. Monograph. Altern Med Rev. 2010 Dec;15(4):352- 60. Review. [PMID: 21194251]
17. Fahey JW, Talalay P. Antioxidant functions of sulforaphane: a potent inducer of Phase II detoxification enzymes. Food Chem Toxicol. 1999 SepOct;37(9-10):973-79. [PMID: 10541453]
18. Larch arabinogalactan. Altern Med Rev. 2000 Oct;5(5):463-66. [PMID: 11056416]
19. Kelly GS. Larch arabinogalactan: clinical relevance of a novel immune-enhancing polysaccharide. Altern Med Rev. 1999 Apr;4(2):96-103. Review. [PMID: 10231609]