NeuroScience | Kavinace Zem | 60 Capsules
Kavinace Zem | 60 Capsules:
Contains ingredients shown to improve sleep and cognitive function*
- GABA is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain, which means it plays a central role in balancing the excitability of neurons (1). Because of this reason, GABA is important for promoting sleep, calm, and managing stress (2-4). Stress is thought to alter GABA synthesis and activity by affecting the expression of GABA-synthesizing enzymes and receptors (5).
- Zembrin® is standardized extract from the botanical Sceletium tortuosom. Zembrin works by inhibiting the enzyme phosphodiesterase-4 (PDE-4) and serotonin transporters (6).* In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, Zembrin significantly improved onset of sleep and cognitive function (7).* Blueberry fruit extract is a source of anthocyanins, which are flavonoids with strong antioxidant properties and have been shown to increase levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), a growth factor important for maintaining neuron function (8-10).*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving:
|Ingredient||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Proprietary Blend: 4-amino-3-phenylbutyric acid HCl, Sceletium tortuosum ext. aerial parts*, and Blueberry (vaccinium spp.) fruit ext. (standardized to 12% anthocyanins||0.195 g||†|
†Daily Value not established.
Take 1 capsule at bedtime or as directed by your healthcare provider.
Microcrystalline cellulose, Vegetable capsule (Hypromellose, water), and Magnesium stearate (vegetable source).
If you are pregnant, nursing, or are taking anti-depressant or anxiety medication, consult your healthcare provider before use.
- Gou Z, et al. Dongwuxue Yanjiu. 2012;33(E5-6):E75-81.
- Mohler H. Neuropharmacology. 2012;62(1):42-53.
- Saper C, et al. Nature. 2005;437(7063):1257-63.
- Mody I and Maguire J. Front Cell Neurosci. 2012;6:4.
- Maguire J. Front Cell Neurosci. 2014;8:157.
- Harvey A, et al. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;137(3):1124-9.
- Chiu S, et al. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2014;2014:682014.
- Yousuf B, et al. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2016;56(13):2223-30.
- Rendeiro C, et al. PLoS One. 2013; 8(5):e63535.
- Hempstead B. Trans Am Clin Climatol Assoc. 2015;126:9-19.