NeuroScience | NorLox Ultra | 60 Capsules
NorLox Ultra | 60 Capsules:
Contains ingredients important for the management of joint aches*
- Boswellia serrata (70% total boswellic acids): Leukotrienes are immune mediators that induce and sustain immune activation (1). Boswellic acids are shown to inhibit 5-lipoxygenase (5-LOX), an enzyme responsible for the synthesis of immunostimulatory molecules called leukotrienes (2,3).* In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study, Boswellia serrata significantly improved the threshold and tolerance to musculoskeletal discomfort (4).*
- Curcuma longa (Turmeric) (95% curcuminoids): Botanical shown to lower levels of TNF-α and IL-6 (5).* TNF-α and IL-6 are cytokines that play an important role in regulating the immune response and joint discomfort (6,7). Elevated levels of TNF-α and IL-6 in joint fluid have been correlated with increased joint discomfort (8,9).
- L-cysteine: Precursor to glutathione (10).* Glutathione provides antioxidant protection and detoxification properties (10).
- 5-HTP (from Griffonia simplicifolia seed extract): 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) crosses the blood-brain barrier and is a precursor to serotonin and melatonin (11).* Serotonin plays an important role in processing and inhibiting pain signaling by the central nervous system (12).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving:
|Ingredient||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Boswellia serrata resin extract (70% total boswellic acids)||400 mg||†|
|Curcuma longa (Turmeric) Rhizome Extract (95% Curcuminoids)||400 mg||†|
|5-Hydroxytryptophan (From Griffonia simplicifolia seed extract)||20 mg||†|
†Daily Value not established.
Take 2 capsules one to two times daily or as directed by your healthcare provider.
Vegetable capsule (Hypromellose, water), Microcrystalline cellulose, Magnesium stearate (vegetable source), and Silicon dioxide.
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare provider before use.
- Gennara A and Haeggstrom J. Adv Immunol. 2012;116:51-92.
- Schweizer S, et al. J Nat Prod. 2000;63:1058-61.
- Radmark O, et al. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1851(4):331-9.
- Prabhavathi K, et al. Indian J Pharmacol. 2014;46(5):475-9.
- Usharani P, et al. Drugs R D. 2008;9(4):243-50.
- Holdsworth S and Gan P. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015;10(12):2243-54.
- Miller R, et al. Cytokine. 2014;70(2):185-93.
- Orita S, et al. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2011;12:144.
- Cuellar J, et al. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009;91(10):2313-20.
- Rushworth G and Megson I. Pharmacol Ther. 2014;141(2):150-9.
- Shaw K, et al. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2002;(1):CD003198.
- Bardin L. Behav Pharmacol. 2011;22(5-6):390-404.