Vielight | Neuro Gamma (Brain)
Neuro Gamma (Brain):
Note: Signature Required Upon Delivery
Manufacture Processing: 3 Business Days
The Vielight Neuro Gamma is one of two next-generation transcranial-intranasal near infrared (NIR) headsets, engineered for increased efficacy and easy domestic use for comprehensive brain photobiomodulation.
Its dynamic design is a comprehensive upgrade of the original Vielight Neuro.
This powerful device features improved transcranial clusters and updated microchip LED boosting technology- leading to triple the previous power density and a refined form factor that fits a wider variety of head shapes and sizes.
At present, our engineering team is able to extract one of the highest amounts of power from a pulsed near-infrared LED source by incorporating microchip technology within the Neuro's intranasal diode.
The objective of this trial is to determine whether the experimental Neuro Gamma device improves cognitive functioning and quality of life and decreases health services use as compared to a sham device in patients with moderate to severe Alzheimer's Disease (AD).
This is a randomized, double-blind, multi-centre trial. The trial will include patients with moderate to severe AD who will be randomized in a 1:1 ratio to active treatment with the Neuro Gamma device, or treatment with a sham device.
The following assessments will be performed during clinic visits at baseline, 12 and 24 weeks and during an extended follow up visit at 52 weeks:
- Severe Impairment Battery (SIB)
- Alzheimer's Disease Cooperative Study Activities of Daily Living for Severe Alzheimer's Disease (ADCS-ADL-Sev) scale
- Quality of life using European Quality of Life-5 Dimensions (EQ-5D, proxy version) and the Quality of Life in Alzheimer's Disease (QOL-AD) scale
- Adverse events (AEs) and serious adverse events (SAEs)
- Resource Utilization in Dementia (RUD) instrument
- Neuropsychiatric Inventory Questionnaire (including Caregiver Distress ratings) at weeks 12, 24 and 52
Difference Between the Neuro Alpha and Neuro Gamma:
The 40 Hz pulse rate correlates with EEG gamma brain wave entrainment, which has a stronger effect on memory and cognition enhancement. This pulse rate differs from the 10 Hz pulse rate of the Vielight Neuro Alpha, which has an overall effect on neuronal health.
Note for users:
- Near-infrared photons are nearly invisible to the naked eye, making the beam appear much dimmer than it actually is. (175 mW/cm2 per diode)
Manual: User's Guide
Warranty: One-year manufacturer's warranty.
Returns: Your purchases are backed by a 6-months no-question-asked-money-back guarantee (less 20% of retail price), if purchased directly from us.
More Info: Please note that this product comes with an intranasal applicator.