Joints Health | Amniotic Tissue Cells for Joint Injection
The maintenance of joints health is very important for any patient with joint conditions. Most joint supplements and joint pain treatments are limited and not always effective. This increases the need for an alternative joints health therapy. Find out how amniotic stem cell therapy can help maintain the health of your joints.
Joints Health with Amniotic Stem Cell Therapy
In This Article:
- Joints Health
- Amniotic Tissue Therapy: Advanced Technology Combined with Traditional Holistic Methods
- What are Amniotic Tissue Cell Injections?
- Benefits of Amniotic Tissue Cell Therapy
- How Does Amniotic Tissue Cell Therapy Work?
- Common Conditions Treated with Amniotic Tissue Therapy
- Are Amniotic Tissue Injections Safe?
- Are You a Candidate for Amniotic Tissue Therapy?
For years patients with arthritis, repetitive motion injuries, soft tissue injuries, joint health, and other serious degenerative joint conditions have struggled with limited treatment options. These treatments include:
- Frequent Injections of Steroids and Cortisone
- Costly Joint Replacement Surgery
- Chronic Pain Management
Amniotic Tissue Therapy: Advanced Technology Combined with Traditional Holistic Methods
At NW Integrative Medicine, we combine new and advancing technology with safe, traditional, and effective holistic medical practices to treat soft tissue and degenerative joint conditions. We use amniotic tissue therapy. Used in medical treatments for over 80 years, amniotic fluids have been found to protect and aid in the growth of new cells and tissue. With advanced medical technology and fluoroscopic or ultrasound guidance, our doctors inject amniotic tissue into damaged portions of joints or tissue to promote the growth and repair of cells.
What are Amniotic Tissue Cell Injections?
Using amniotic stem cells delivered through direct injection, the body immediately begins repairing, re-growing, and restoring damaged cells, tissue, joints, tendons, and ligaments. In addition to these healing and restoring properties, amniotic tissue injections contain multipotent cells that:
- Reduce inflammation and pain through natural anti-inflammatory agents (cytokines) which makes it a great alternative for joint paint mediation such as steroid and cortisone injections;
- Restore mobility by lubricating joints and tendons with hyaluronic acid;
- Promote new tissue growth and nutrition with joint health vitamins such as proteins, lipids, carbohydrates, and growth hormones.
Benefits of Amniotic Tissue Cell Therapy
Amniotic tissue cell therapy provides several specific benefits, including:
- Steroid-free, natural anti-inflammatory cells as advanced joint pain relief medicine
- Enhanced lubrication from hyaluronic acid
- Stimulation of new tissue growth for natural joint health
- Safe treatment with no concern of immune system rejection by the patient
- A highly concentrated source of stem cells (unlike injections of embryonic cells or cells harvested from the patient’s own bone marrow)
How Does Amniotic Tissue Cell Therapy Work?
Using cells gathered from the amniotic sac, amniotic tissue cell therapy provides immune-privileged, multipotent stem cells to the damaged area. Unlike cells from other tissue in the body, amniotic stem cell injections will not be rejected or cause an immune system reaction. In addition to being immune-privileged, amniotic tissue:
- Contains collagen matrices: protein frameworks for new cells and tissue to grow around
- Is multipotent: can grow as any type of body cell (muscle, cartilage, organ, etc.)
- Uses the body's ability to heal itself to restore degenerated tissue, replace damaged cells, and promote the growth of new tissue
Common Conditions Treated with Amniotic Tissue Therapy
- Bone-on-Bone Joints
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Degenerative Joint Diseases
- Repetitive Motion Injuries (i.e. Carpal Tunnel, Rotator Cuff)
- Chronic Tendonitis and other Tendinopathies
- Ligament Damage
- Other Inflammatory Diseases
Are Amniotic Tissue Injections Safe
Considering that, to date, over 10,000 amniotic tissue cell injections have been administered without one reported adverse or unwanted side effect, amniotic tissue cell therapy for joint health is safe. Amniotic tissue cells are immune privileged; rejection by the body is extremely rare. Amniotic tissue therapy has been used for decades, is effective, safe, and has undergone rigorous research and screening processes by the FDA.
Are you a Candidate for Amniotic Tissue Therapy
Anyone suffering from any form of pain in the joints, ligaments, or tendons may be a candidate for amniotic tissue therapy. In rare cases, patients suffering from severe or advanced forms of degenerative joint disease or arthritis may not qualify for this therapy. After evaluation, Dr. Stephen Smith will provide patients with recommendations for alternative treatment for Joint Health.