XYMOGEN, 5-MTHF 60 Capsules
Neurologic & Cognitive
5-MTHF, provided as Quatrefolic, is the most biologically active form of the water-soluble B vitamin, folic acid. It is the preferred form of folate supplementation due to an array of conditions that can limit the conversion or absorption of folic acid. Data indicate that supplementing with 5-MTHF increases plasma folate more effectively than folic acid.*
- Supports Healthy Serum Folate*
- Supports the Conversion of Homocysteine to Methionine*
- Supports Methylation*
- Supports Nervous System and Oral Health*
- Supports Normal Cellular Proliferation (including red blood cells) *
- Supports a Healthy Pregnancy Outcome*
5-MTHF (5-methyltetrahydrofolate) 5-MTHF is the most biologically active form of folate. It is the predominant type of folate present in food and the form into which the body must convert all other forms of folate. Along with vitamin B12, folate serves as a donor of methyl groups. The body utilizes methyl groups in many nervous systems and metabolic processes, including the conversion of homocysteine to methionine, the synthesis of monoamine neurotransmitters, the production of melatonin, and the synthesis of DNA. In addition, sufficient folate is necessary for brain and nervous system functions and for a healthy pregnancy outcome.*
5-MTHF—Preferred Over Folic Acid is the synthetic form of folate that is used to fortify foods. It is often found in dietary supplements as well. Despite some research showing that folic acid and 5-MTHF have equivalent bioavailability, 5-MTHF is often the preferred form to replenish folate. This is due, primarily, to the presence of digestive or metabolic variabilities that can affect the conversion of folic acid to 5-MTHF.[2-4] Furthermore, studies have shown that 5-MTHF increased plasma folate more effectively than folic acid irrespective of genetic differences in metabolism.[1,5] A study in women of childbearing age showed that 5-MTHF was more effective than folic acid in improving overall folate status.*
Using 5-MTHF instead of folic acid has several important advantages. 5-MTHF provides the biologically active form of folate, reduces the potential for masking hematological symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency, reduces interactions with drugs that inhibit dihydrofolate reductase, overcomes folate metabolism challenges associated with the functioning of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), and prevents the potential negative effects of UMFA in the peripheral circulation.*
Quatrefolic® In XYMOGEN’s formulas, 5-MTHF is provided as Quatrefolic—the glucosamine salt of 5-MTHF. Quatrefolic is proven to have greater stability, solubility, and bioavailability over the commonly used calcium salt form of 5-MTHF. In a randomized crossover study, subjects received 400 mcg/d of Quatrefolic or 5-MTHF calcium salt. Titernormalized Cmax and AUC demonstrated a 10% higher bioavailability of Quatrefolic. Quatrefolic has several in vitro and in vivo preclinical and clinical studies to characterize and assure the safety profile of the product.*
5-MTHF Plus B12 XYMOGEN’s 5-MTHF Plus B12 formula combines Quatrefolic and vitamin B12 as MecobalActive™ in cherry-flavored, quick-dissolve tablets. MecobalActive is a pure form of methylcobalamin. Many vitamin B12 supplements on the market contain cyanocobalamin. The liver is able to convert a small amount of cyanocobalamin to methylcobalamin; however, methylcobalamin is the preferred form because it is the bioactive form and is therefore better utilized. Another point of interest regarding B12 supplementation is the commonly held belief that intramuscular injections of B12 are more effective than oral supplementation. In fact, oral supplementation is just as effective and carries the added benefits of lower cost and ease of administration.[11,12] Unlike other sources of methylcobalamin on the market, MecobalActive does not use any harmful solvents during its manufacture. The patented, advanced production methods used to create MecobalActive also result in methylcobalamin with greater purity and lower moisture, which translates to greater stability.*
Functions of B12 Vitamin B12 supports healthy methylation through its roles in the synthesis of methionine from homocysteine and the synthesis of S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe). As an example of its importance in homocysteine metabolism, one study showed that the addition of B12 to a folate regimen had a greater impact (7%) on homocysteine than did folate alone. Like folate, erythroblasts require vitamin B12 for proliferation during their differentiation. B12 is important for neurological health, and chronic insufficiency can affect the spinal cord, peripheral nerves, the optic nerve, and the brain. Research also supports the role of methylcobalamin supplementation in modulating melatonin secretion, enhancing light sensitivity, normalizing circadian rhythms, and improving sleep-wake cycles.*[15,16]
Microcrystalline cellulose, capsule (hypromellose and water), stearic acid, magnesium stearate, and silica.
Take one to two capsules daily, or as directed by your healthcare professional. Consult your healthcare professional prior to use. Individuals taking medication should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare professionals. Do not use it if the tamper seal is damaged.
Keep closed in a cool, dry place out of reach of children.
Formulated To Exclude:
Wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, soy, animal and dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs), artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, and artificial preservatives.
- Prinz-Langenohl R, Brämswig S, Tobolski O, et al. [6S]-5- methyltetrahydrofolate increases plasma folate more effectively than folic acid in women with the homozygous or wild-type 677C-->T polymorphism of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase. Br J Pharmacol. 2009 Dec;158(8):2014- 21. [PMID: 19917061]
- Yakut M, Ustün Y, Kabaçam G, et al. Serum vitamin B12 and folate status in patients with inflammatory bowel diseases. Eur J Intern Med. 2010 Aug;21(4):320-23. [PMID: 20603044]
- Venn BJ, Green TJ, Moser R, et al. Comparison of the effect of low-dose supplementation with L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate or folic acid on plasma homocysteine: a randomized placebo-controlled study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2003 Mar;77(3):658-62. [PMID: 12600857]
- 5-methyltetrahydrofolate. Monograph. Altern Med Rev. 2006 Dec;11(4):330-37. [PMID: 17176169]
- Willems FF, Boers GH, Blom HJ, et al. Pharmacokinetic study on the utilization of 5-methyltetrahydrofolate and folic acid in patients with coronary artery disease. Br J Pharmacol. 2004 Mar;141(5):825-30. [PMID: 14769778]
- Lamers Y, Prinz-Langenohl R, Brämswig S, et al. Red blood cell folate concentrations increase more after supplementation with [6S]-5- methyltetrahydrofolate than with folic acid in women of childbearing age. Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Jul;84(1):156-61. [PMID: 16825690]
- Scaglione F, Panzavolta G. Folate, folic acid, and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate are not the same thing. Xenobiotica. 2014 May;44(5):480-8. [PMID: 24494987]
- Crossover Comparative Bioavailability Study of 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate Glucosamine Salt (GN10G) Compared to the Reference Metafolin® in Healthy Volunteers. IPAS-5MTHFA-583-09 final report. Desio, Italy: Gnosis S.p.A.; March 15, 2010: 1-33. [available from the manufacturer Gnosis S.p.A. upon request]
- Thomas J, Heimbach, J, Soni M. Determination of the Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) Status of (6S)-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic acid Glucosamine Salt. Expert panel statement. Desio, Italy: Gnosis S.p.A.; July 2010: 1-46. [available from the manufacturer Gnosis S.p.A. upon request]
- Methylcobalamin. Altern Med Rev. 1998 Dec;3(6):461-3. Erratum in: Altern Med Rev 1999 Feb;4(1):9. [PMID: 9855571]
- Kuzminski AM, Del Giacco EJ, Allen RH, et al. Effective treatment of cobalamin deficiency with oral cobalamin. Blood. 1998 Aug 15;92(4):1191-98. [PMID: 9694707]
- Kim HI, Hyung WJ, Song KJ, et al. Oral vitamin B12 replacement: an effective treatment for vitamin B12 deficiency after total gastrectomy in gastric cancer patients. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011 Dec;18(13):3711-17. [PMID: 21556950]
- Lowering blood homocysteine with folic acid based supplements: a meta-analysis of randomized trials. Homocysteine Lowering Trialists’ Collaboration. BMJ. 1998 Mar;316(7135):894-98. [PMID: 9569395]
- Koury MJ, Ponka P. New insights into erythropoiesis: the roles of folate, vitamin B12, and iron. Annu Rev Nutr. 2004;24:105-31. [PMID:15189115]
- Kiuchi T, Sei H, Seno H, et al. Effect of vitamin B12 on the sleep-wake rhythm following an 8-hour advance of the light-dark cycle in the rat. Physiol Behav. 1997 Apr;61(4):551-54. [PMID: 9108574]
- Honma K, Kohsaka M, Fukuda N, et al. Effects of vitamin B12 on plasma melatonin rhythm in humans: increased light sensitivity phase-advances the circadian clock? Experientia. 1992 Aug 15;48(8):716-20. [PMID: 1516676]
|USPS (Business Days)||UPS (Business Days)|
|USPS Priority Mail (1-3 Business Day)||UPS 2nd Day Air (2 Business Day)|
|USPS Parcel Select (1-7 Business Day )||UPS 3 Day Select (1-3 Business Day)|
|USPS First Class Package (1-3 Business Day)||UPS Ground (1-7 Business Day)|
Please Note: No Saturday Delivery Available.
Agape Nutrition is proud to offer:
United States Postal Service (USPS) and United Parcel Service (UPS) as our standard shipping carriers and their services. Shipping rates are determined in real time or carrier book rate by weight and distance. Shipping Options are determined and reflected upon check out, for your choosing. If an option is not listed upon check out, your package may not meet the weight requirement or the service may not be available to the address location. Automated invoices for orders and shipping updates will drop into the email listed on the Agape Nutrition account. If SMS is accepted, automated updates will go to your phone via text message, you may also receive an email.
We pride ourselves on providing fast service at competitive prices.
- Orders received by 12:00 pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) are generally processed the same day, and may ship within 24 hours. However, this is not a guarantee.
- Orders received after 12:00 PM (PST) may process within 24 to 48 hours of receipt.
- Tracking is updated within 24 to 48 hours of receipt and after processing and the package has shipped.
Processing and shipping times are:
- Estimated and applicable during regular business hours.
- Dependent upon the daily order volume at Agape Nutrition.
- Dependent upon the daily order volume at the partner warehouse.
- Dependent upon the time zones of our manufacture and distributor partners.
- Dependent upon the shipping service practices and processing standards.
Signature may be required for:
- Orders of a high dollar amount.
- Biotics Research shipments.
- Vielight shipments.
- Richway shipments.
- All electronic devices.
- All laboratory test kits.
We have fixed shipping rates for a select few brand partners as per their shipping rate requirements, which may be different then our own and other distributor warehouses. Brands that apply: Vielight, Richway International, Biotics Research.
Shipping carriers are experiencing delays. This is due to increased shipments resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic combined with any holidays, and / or natural disasters.
Expedited shipping (2-Day, 3-Day, and Next-Day) are not guaranteed by the carriers and does not include weekend delivery. Due to no carrier guarantees, delayed or late packages are not eligible for refunds. This is a stipulation directly from the shipping carriers and is out of our control.
Shipping Service Guarantees Remain Suspended for Most Shipments. Please reach out to the shipping carrier for more information.
Please see our FAQ page for additional questions and answers.
All discounts and promotional offers are calculated before shipping and handling rates are applied.
Orders cannot be cancelled or changed once the order has been placed and the confirmation is received.
Products may ship faster then expected, and many are automated to process directly after order confirmation. We work directly with top professional manufactures and distributors from across the United States, in all time zones. There are a lot of cogs and wheels turning to process and ship your order efficiently to meet an on time delivery target. When you request a cancellation or change of an order, it may take up to 72 hours to process your request. This process may involve voiding orders in computer systems, removing items from back order logs, pulling items from production schedules and sometimes stopping orders at the shipping dock or warehouse. Our order fulfillment may be performed by many quick hands, in different states and time zones. Therefore, we cannot offer or guarantee order cancellations after the order has been received.
- Products may process and ship faster then expected.
- Products may be automated to process directly after the order is confirmed.
- Product warehouses may be in different states and time zones.
- Orders may take up to 72 hours to process a cancellation or change.
Agape Nutrition is proud to ship to 52 states and territories of the United States.
- All 50 United States (includes Washington DC, Hawaii, Alaska)
- Armed Forces: Americas (AA)
Orders shipped to U.S. military addresses (APO/FPO/DPO) will ship via United States Postal Service (USPS) at the carrier book rate; normal delivery of these orders may be delayed by one (1) business day.
Agape Nutrition does not offer international shipping at this time, outside the 52 states, including Washington DC and Armed Forces Americas of the United States.
HEAT SENSITIVE SHIPMENTS
Products requiring shipment in a cool environment (perishable and frozen items) are subject to special shipping procedures due to their sensitive nature to ensure customers receive products in good condition. Heat sensitive items are shipped using sealed thermal bubble bag, ice pack or brick, resealable bag and extra padding to ensure a cool environment. We do not recommend heat sensitive item ship to territories of the United States, and we cannot be held responsible for cooled environment degradation to these destinations.
Agape Nutrition recommends that heat sensitive products ship with your preference of any 1-3 Day delivery service. We do not offer overnight or next day delivery service at this time. Saturday delivery is not available or guaranteed, unless offered by the shipping carrier as part of the normal delivery.
- Heat sensitive items are not eligible for return, credit, or refund. As we cannot guarantee cool storage or efficacy of the product, after the order has been delivered.
- Delays in shipping service delivery, caused an issue? See our return policy for further information.
Please be aware of severe weather and hazardous conditions in your area or other states that may affect the timeliness of your package delivery. Agape Nutrition can not be responsible for severe weather and unforeseen incidents that may impact the processing times and/or shipping services. We will work to ensure the safety of our employees while minimizing effects on service. Contingency plans are in place to help ensure that shipments arrive at their final destinations as quickly as conditions permit.
Please Be Aware of Any Possible Shipping Delays:
(1) Slight delays with fulfillment processing may occur as manufacture and distributor warehouses are experiencing higher than normal volume and demand for nutritional items.
(2) Shipping carriers are experiencing delays. This is due to increased shipments resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic combined with any holidays, and/or natural disasters. Expedited shipping (2-Day, 3-Day, and Next-Day) are not guaranteed by the carriers and does not include weekend delivery. Please reach out to the shipping carrier for more information.
(3) Please be aware of severe weather conditions in or around your location and surrounding states that my affect the timeliness of delivery.