ActivEssentials™ with OncoPLEX™ & D3 is a conveniently dose-packaged combination of three formulas that provide comprehensive nutritional support for health and well-being especially when higher vitamin D intake and long-lasting antioxidant support against free radical damage is desirable.*
ActivNutrients® without Iron: A high-quality, hypoallergenic, proprietary multivitamin/mineral blend featuring activated vitamins, including folate as 5-MTHF (5-methyltetrahydrofolate), and patented Albion® chelated mineral complexes in easy-to-swallow vegetarian capsules.
OncoPLEX™ & D3: Each capsule provides 2000 IU of vitamin D3 and 15 mg of glucoraphanin from highly concentrated broccoli seed extract, an ingredient found in XYMOGEN’s formulas OncoPLEX™ and OncoPLEX ES™. Glucoraphanin is the precursor to sulforaphane, and it possesses antioxidant activity that lasts up to 72 hours—significantly longer than the activity of vitamins C, E, or beta-carotene. Glucoraphanin also activates the transcription factor Nrf2, which induces increased synthesis of phase 2 detoxification and antioxidant enzymes. D3 is provided as cholecalciferol, identical to the form in which it is derived in the body from cholesterol and synthesized by sunlight on the skin. D3 has been shown to raise and maintain serum vitamin D and increase storage concentrations of vitamin D better than D2.*
Omega MonoPure® 650 EC: Features natural enzymatically enhanced MaxSimil® monoglyceride fish oil that has a three times greater EPA/DHA absorption rate than an equivalent dose of ethyl ester fish oil. This translates to less fish oil in a smaller softgel for easy swallowing. This IFOS five-star certified fish oil outperforms other fish oils through MaxSimil's patented lipid absorption enhancement technology (PLATform).*
Each packet contains two ActivNutrients™ without Iron capsules, one OncoPLEX™ & D3 capsule, and one Omega MonoPure® 650 EC softgel.
- Provides Foundation Micronutrition for a Variety of Protocols*
- Supports Improved Dietary Nutrient Intake*
- Provides Long-Lasting Antioxidant Support*
- Supports Individuals with Higher Vitamin D Requirements*
The average diet can be lacking in complete nutrition due to modern food-production techniques, poor food choices, and nutrient-depleting preparation methods.[1-3] Combine these with the toll of lifestyle stress and oxidizing chemicals—found in foods and the environment—and it becomes essential to ensure comprehensive foundation nutrition for the body. To help achieve this, each cellophane-wrapped packet of ActivEssentials with OncoPLEX & D3 contains the following XYMOGEN formulas and ingredient combinations:*
ActivNutrients® without Iron This high-quality, hypoallergenic multivitamin/mineral blend provided in vegetable capsules not only features activated vitamin cofactors and patented Albion® chelated mineral complexes, but it also includes folate as 5-MTHF as well as methylcobalamin as MecobalActive™. The form of 5-MTHF is Quatrefolic®, which is proven to have greater stability, solubility, and bioavailability compared to calcium salt forms of 5-MTHF. MecobalActive is a patented form of methylcobalamin that has very high purity; no harmful solvents are used in its production. The balanced nutrient profile in ActivNutrients™ without Iron supports vitamin/mineral synergistic activity; antioxidant protection with vitamins C and E, selenium, and carotenoids; and phase I detoxification.*
Omega MonoPure® 650 EC is made using a proprietary MaxSimil composition containing monoglyceride fish oil with no additional ingredients, carriers, or excipients. Each fish-gelatin softgel is enteric coated, and every batch of fish oil is IFOS five-star certified to ensure the world’s highest standards for purity, potency, and freshness. The fish oil is non-GMO, certified sustainable from Scandinavia, and antibiotic-free. Additionally, it is eco-friendly because the greater absorption of EPA and DHA ultimately means that fewer grams of fish oil need to be harvested for the same benefit. Research suggests that the consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may support cardiovascular health. Studies have also shown that fish oils may support healthy cytokine production, promote optimal joint function, and support overall brain and nervous system function.*
OncoPLEX™ and D3 This combination contains truebroc® glucoraphanin, a patented phytochemical derived from broccoli extract that is featured in XYMOGEN’s OncoPLEX formulas, and bioactive D3. These two nutrients continue to be the focus of much research for their protective roles at both system and cellular levels.*
OncoPLEX delivers 15 mg of glucoraphanin, the glucosinolate in broccoli that converts to sulforaphane in the body. Extensive research suggests that when glucoraphanin is enzymatically converted to sulforaphane (its active form), it safely and effectively supports the Nrf2 system, antioxidant systems, and vital phase II detoxification enzymes.[9,10] This process provides protection from common toxins and xenobiotics. In addition, sulforaphane has been shown to support normal cell-life regulation.[11-14] It has also been shown to support the body’s response to harmful microbes, a healthy response to aging-associated changes in cytokine production, and eye and cardiovascular health.*[15-19]
D3 is provided as 2000 IU of cholecalciferol, identical to the form in which it is derived in the body from cholesterol and synthesized by sunlight on the skin. Although vitamin D forms are similar biochemically, a recent study reported D3 to be approximately 87% more potent in raising and maintaining serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25[OH]D) concentrations and in producing two- to a threefold greater storage of vitamin D than did equimolar D2 (ergocalciferol). In addition to musculoskeletal benefits, research now suggests that optimal serum levels of vitamin D support normal cell differentiation, cardiovascular health, normal immune function, good balance, healthy mood, normal fetal development, neuronal growth and neurodevelopment, healthy glucose metabolism, periodontal health, and normal intestinal immune responses.*[21-23]
Other Ingredients for ActivNutrients without Iron:
Capsule (hypromellose and water), microcrystalline cellulose, ascorbyl palmitate, silica, medium-chain triglyceride oil, and mixed tocopherols.
Other Ingredients for OncoPLEX & D3 capsule:
Microcrystalline cellulose, capsule (hypromellose and water), vegetable stearic acid, vegetable magnesium stearate, and silica.
Other Ingredients for Omega MonoPure 650 EC:
Softgel (fish gelatin, vegetable glycerin, and purified water), GRAS enteric coating (ethylcellulose, sodium alginate, purified water, medium chain triglycerides, oleic acid, vegetable stearic acid, and ammonium hydroxide), and mixed natural tocopherols.
Fish (anchovy and/or sardine [sources of fish oil], tilapia and/or pangasius [sources of fish gelatin]).
Consume the contents of one packet daily, or as directed by your healthcare professional. Consult your healthcare professional prior to use. Individuals taking medication, especially blood thinners, should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare professionals. Do not use it if the packet is damaged.
Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place out of reach of children.
Formulated To Exclude:
Wheat, gluten, yeast, soy protein, dairy products, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs), artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, and artificial preservatives.
- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes.htm. Accessed February 22, 2011.
- What we eat in America. USDA Agricultural Research Service. http://www.ars. usda.gov/main/site_main.htm?modecode=80-40-05-30. Accessed September 16, 2015.
- Worthington V. Nutritional quality of organic versus conventional fruits, vegetables, and grains. J Altern Complement Med. 2001 Apr;7(2):161-73. [PMID: 11327522]
- Quatrefolic. http://www.quatrefolic.com/4thGeneration.html. Accessed May 22, 2014.
- Sallares J, Petschen I, Camps X, inventors; Ferrar Internacional, S.A., applicant. Process for the production of methylcobalamin. International publication number [English] WO 2006100059 A1. September 28, 2006.
- FDA announces qualified health claims for omega-3 fatty acids. U.S. Food and Drug Administration Department of Health and Human Services. http://www. fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/2004/ucm108351.htm. Accessed February 27, 2011.
- Proudman SM, Cleland LG, James MJ. Dietary omega-3 fats for treatment of inflammatory joint disease: efficacy and utility. Rheum Dis Clin North Am. 2008 May;34(2):469-79. [PMID: 18638687]
- Cole GM, Ma QL, Frautschy SA. Dietary fatty acids and the aging brain. Nutr Rev. 2010 Dec;68(suppl 2): S102-11. [PMID:21091943]
- Ping Z, Liu W, Kang Z, et al. Sulforaphane protects brains against hypoxic-ischemic injury through induction of Nrf2-dependent phase 2 enzyme. Brain Res. 2010 Jul 9;1343:178-85. [PMID: 20417626]
- Vauzour D, Buonfiglio M, Corona G, et al. Sulforaphane protects cortical neurons against 5-S-cysteinyl-dopamine-induced toxicity through the activation of ERK1/2, Nrf-2 and the upregulation of detoxification enzymes. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2010 Apr;54(4):532-42. [PMID: 20166144]
- Cheung KL, Kong AN. Molecular targets of dietary phenethyl isothiocyanate and sulforaphane for cancer chemoprevention. AAPS J. 2010 Mar;12(1):87-97. [PMID: 20013083]
- Shapiro TA, Fahey JW, Wade KL, et al. Chemoprotective glucosinolates and isothiocyanates of broccoli sprouts: metabolism and excretion in humans. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2001 May;10(5):501-08. [PMID: 11352861]
- Ho E, Clarke JD, Dashwood RH. Dietary sulforaphane, a histone deacetylase inhibitor for cancer prevention. J Nutr. 2009 Dec;139(12):2393-96. [PMID: 19812222]
- Chu WF, Wu DM, Liu W, et al. Sulforaphane induces G2-M arrest and apoptosis in a high metastasis cell line of salivary gland adenoid cystic carcinoma. Oral Oncol. 2009 Nov;45(11):998-1004. [PMID: 19589718]
- Yanaka A, Fahey JW, Fukumoto A, et al. Dietary sulforaphane-rich broccoli sprouts reduce colonization and attenuate gastritis in Helicobacter pylori-infected mice and humans. Cancer Prev Res (Phila Pa). 2009 Apr;2(4):353-60. [PMID: 19349290]
- Zakkar M, Van der Heiden K, Luong le A, et al. Activation of Nrf2 in endothelial cells protects arteries from exhibiting a proinflammatory state. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009 Nov;29(11):1851-57. [PMID: 19729611]
- Noyan-Ashraf MH, Sadeghinejad Z, Juurlink BH. Dietary approach to decrease aging-related CNS inflammation. Nutr Neurosci. 2005 Apr;8(2):101-10. [PMID: 16053242]
- Gao X, Talalay P. Induction of phase 2 genes by sulforaphane protects retinal pigment epithelial cells against photooxidative damage. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2004 July;101(28):10446-51. [PMID: 15229324]
- Wu L, Noyan Ashraf MH, Facci M, et al. Dietary approach to attenuate oxidative stress, hypertension, and inflammation on the cardiovascular system. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2004 May;101(18):7094-99. [PMID: 15103025]
- Heaney RP, Recker RR, Grote J, et al. Vitamin d3 is more potent than vitamin d2 in humans. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011 Mar;96(3):E447-52. [PMID: 21177785]
- Toubi E, Shoenfeld Y. The role of vitamin D in regulating immune responses. Isr Med Assoc J. 2010 Mar;12(3):174-75. [PMID: 20684184]
- Cannell JJ, Hollis BW. Use of vitamin D in clinical practice. Altern Med Rev. 2008 Mar;13(1):6-20. [PMID: 18377099]
- Heany RP. Vitamin D in health and disease. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008 Sep;3(5):1535-41. [PMID: 18525006]