XYMOGEN, Benfotiamine 120 Capsules
Neurologic & Cognitive
Benfotiamine is a lipid-soluble derivative of thiamin that demonstrates improved absorption and duration of activity compared to water-soluble thiamin. Benfotiamine activates transketolase activity, thereby facilitating the conversion of harmful glucose metabolites and positively affecting AGE formation. It supports peripheral nerve health and may support vascular health, including the microvasculature of the retina and kidney. Benfotiamine is also an excellent way to improve thiamin status.*
- Supports Healthy Thiamin Status*
- Supports Vascular Health*
- Supports Nerve Health*
The excellent pharmacokinetic profile of lipid-soluble benfotiamine (S-benzoylthiamine O-monophosphate) is the reason why many practitioners select it in preference to other forms of supplemental thiamin, especially for protocols requiring high levels of the B vitamin. Its effectiveness, however, has been demonstrated even in low doses (i.e. 150 mg/d). As compared to thiamin hydrochloride administration, maximum plasma levels are approximately five times higher and bioavailability is, at full, approximately 3.6 times as high. These plasma levels are also better than lipophilic thiamin derivatives.
Pathways of Glucose-Metabolite–Induced Damage High intracellular sugars can lead to an accumulation of intermediate metabolic products. These metabolic products activate certain pathways.[3,4] These pathways are: (1) polyol pathway flux; (2) increased formation of AGEs (advanced glycation end-products); (3) increased expression of the receptor for AGEs (RAGEs) and its activating ligands; (4) activation of protein kinase C (PKC) isoforms; and (5) overactivity of the hexosamine pathway. Together, these mechanisms can impact vascular tissue and target particularly susceptible capillary endothelial cells of the retina, mesangial cells in the renal glomerulus, neuronal cells, and Schwann cells.*[3-7]
Benfotiamine Supports Diversion to Different Pathways Benfotiamine has been shown to enhance the activity of transketolase, an enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of harmful glucose intermediate metabolites in the pentose phosphate pathway.[4-7] In vitro research showed treatment with benfotiamine had an impressive effect on transketolase activity (454% increase from control). Researchers further indicated that increasing transketolase activity supports the diversion of intermediate metabolites away from three of the major pathways (including AGE formation) discussed above.  Benfotiamine was shown to positively influence AGE formation and PKC activity. It is thought to prevent NF-kappaB activation in the rat retina as well as inhibit change in the number of retinal acellular capillary segments.*
This research has been supported by a human pilot study wherein subjects given benfotiamine (600 mg/d) plus alpha-lipoic acid (1200 mg/d) demonstrated healthy changes in AGE formation, monocyte hexosamine-modified proteins, and prostacyclin synthase activity.*
Nerve Tissue Health Microvasculature feeding peripheral nerves can be affected by the pathways discussed herein. Furthermore, lower AGE formation is associated with healthier nerve tissue. The role of benfotiamine in diverting glucose metabolites to a less harmful metabolic pathway may well be the underlying reason it has been used successfully in Germany for over a decade to support nerve health. Results suggest that benfotiamine is most effective in large doses (320-600 mg/d), although effectiveness is still achieved in smaller daily dosages (150 mg/d).*[1,9,10]
Microcrystalline cellulose, capsule (hypromellose and water), ascorbyl palmitate, silica, and medium-chain triglyceride oil.
Take two capsules in the morning and two capsules in the evening, or as directed by your healthcare professional. Consult your healthcare professional prior to use. Individuals taking medication should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare professionals.
Keep closed in a cool, dry place out of reach of children.
Formulated To Exclude:
Wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, soy, animal and dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs), artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, and artificial preservatives.
- Winkler G, Pál B, Nagybéganyi E, et al. Effectiveness of different benfotiamine dosage regimens in the treatment of painful diabetic neuropathy. Arzneimittelforschung. 1999 Mar;49(3):220-24. [PMID: 10219465]
- Loew D. Pharmacokinetics of thiamine derivatives especially of benfotiamine. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1996 Feb; 34(2):47-50. [PMID: 8929745]
- Brownlee M. The pathobiology of diabetic complications: a unifying mechanism. Diabetes. 2005 Jun;54(6):1615-25. [PMID: 15919781]
- Giacco F, Brownlee M. Oxidative stress and diabetic complications. Circ Res. 2010 Oct 29;107(9):1058-70. [PMID: 21030723]
- Hammes HP, Du X, Edelstein D, et al. Benfotiamine blocks three major pathways of hyperglycemic damage and prevents experimental diabetic retinopathy. Nat Med. 2003 Mar;9(3):294-99. [PMID: 12592403]
- Balakumar P, Rohilla A, Krishan P, et al. The multifaceted therapeutic potential of benfotiamine. Pharmacol Res. 2010 Jun;61(6):482-88. [PMID: 20188835]
- Thornalley PJ. The potential role of thiamine (vitamin B1) in diabetic complications. Curr Diabetes Rev. 2005 Aug;1(3):287-98. [PMID: 18220605]
- Du X, Edelstein D, Brownlee M. Oral benfotiamine plus alpha-lipoic acid normalizes complication-causing pathways in type 1 diabetes. Diabetologia. 2008 Oct;51(10):1930-32. [PMID: 18663426]
- Haupt E, Ledermann H, Köpcke W. Benfotiamine in treating diabetic polyneuropathy—a three-week randomized, controlled pilot study (BEDIP study). Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2005 Feb;43(2):71-77. [PMID: 15726875]
- Stracke H, Gaus W, Achenbach U, et al. Benfotiamine in diabetic polyneuropathy (BENDIP): results of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical study. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2008 Nov;116(10):600-05. [PMID: 18473286].
|USPS (Business Days)||UPS (Business Days)|
|USPS Priority Mail (1-3 Business Day)||UPS 2nd Day Air (2 Business Day)|
|USPS Parcel Select (1-7 Business Day )||UPS 3 Day Select (1-3 Business Day)|
|USPS First Class Package (1-3 Business Day)||UPS Ground (1-7 Business Day)|
Please Note: No Saturday Delivery Available.
Agape Nutrition is proud to offer:
United States Postal Service (USPS) and United Parcel Service (UPS) as our standard shipping carriers and their services. Shipping rates are determined in real time or carrier book rate by weight and distance. Shipping Options are determined and reflected upon check out, for your choosing. If an option is not listed upon check out, your package may not meet the weight requirement or the service may not be available to the address location. Automated invoices for orders and shipping updates will drop into the email listed on the Agape Nutrition account. If SMS is accepted, automated updates will go to your phone via text message, you may also receive an email.
We pride ourselves on providing fast service at competitive prices.
- Orders received by 12:00 pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) are generally processed the same day, and may ship within 24 hours. However, this is not a guarantee.
- Orders received after 12:00 PM (PST) may process within 24 to 48 hours of receipt.
- Tracking is updated within 24 to 48 hours of receipt and after processing and the package has shipped.
Processing and shipping times are:
- Estimated and applicable during regular business hours.
- Dependent upon the daily order volume at Agape Nutrition.
- Dependent upon the daily order volume at the partner warehouse.
- Dependent upon the time zones of our manufacture and distributor partners.
- Dependent upon the shipping service practices and processing standards.
Signature may be required for:
- Orders of a high dollar amount.
- Biotics Research shipments.
- Vielight shipments.
- Richway shipments.
- All electronic devices.
- All laboratory test kits.
We have fixed shipping rates for a select few brand partners as per their shipping rate requirements, which may be different then our own and other distributor warehouses. Brands that apply: Vielight, Richway International, Biotics Research.
Shipping carriers are experiencing delays. This is due to increased shipments resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic combined with any holidays, and / or natural disasters.
Expedited shipping (2-Day, 3-Day, and Next-Day) are not guaranteed by the carriers and does not include weekend delivery. Due to no carrier guarantees, delayed or late packages are not eligible for refunds. This is a stipulation directly from the shipping carriers and is out of our control.
Shipping Service Guarantees Remain Suspended for Most Shipments. Please reach out to the shipping carrier for more information.
Please see our FAQ page for additional questions and answers.
All discounts and promotional offers are calculated before shipping and handling rates are applied.
Orders cannot be cancelled or changed once the order has been placed and the confirmation is received.
Products may ship faster then expected, and many are automated to process directly after order confirmation. We work directly with top professional manufactures and distributors from across the United States, in all time zones. There are a lot of cogs and wheels turning to process and ship your order efficiently to meet an on time delivery target. When you request a cancellation or change of an order, it may take up to 72 hours to process your request. This process may involve voiding orders in computer systems, removing items from back order logs, pulling items from production schedules and sometimes stopping orders at the shipping dock or warehouse. Our order fulfillment may be performed by many quick hands, in different states and time zones. Therefore, we cannot offer or guarantee order cancellations after the order has been received.
- Products may process and ship faster then expected.
- Products may be automated to process directly after the order is confirmed.
- Product warehouses may be in different states and time zones.
- Orders may take up to 72 hours to process a cancellation or change.
Agape Nutrition is proud to ship to 52 states and territories of the United States.
- All 50 United States (includes Washington DC, Hawaii, Alaska)
- Armed Forces: Americas (AA)
Orders shipped to U.S. military addresses (APO/FPO/DPO) will ship via United States Postal Service (USPS) at the carrier book rate; normal delivery of these orders may be delayed by one (1) business day.
Agape Nutrition does not offer international shipping at this time, outside the 52 states, including Washington DC and Armed Forces Americas of the United States.
HEAT SENSITIVE SHIPMENTS
Products requiring shipment in a cool environment (perishable and frozen items) are subject to special shipping procedures due to their sensitive nature to ensure customers receive products in good condition. Heat sensitive items are shipped using sealed thermal bubble bag, ice pack or brick, resealable bag and extra padding to ensure a cool environment. We do not recommend heat sensitive item ship to territories of the United States, and we cannot be held responsible for cooled environment degradation to these destinations.
Agape Nutrition recommends that heat sensitive products ship with your preference of any 1-3 Day delivery service. We do not offer overnight or next day delivery service at this time. Saturday delivery is not available or guaranteed, unless offered by the shipping carrier as part of the normal delivery.
- Heat sensitive items are not eligible for return, credit, or refund. As we cannot guarantee cool storage or efficacy of the product, after the order has been delivered.
- Delays in shipping service delivery, caused an issue? See our return policy for further information.
Please be aware of severe weather and hazardous conditions in your area or other states that may affect the timeliness of your package delivery. Agape Nutrition can not be responsible for severe weather and unforeseen incidents that may impact the processing times and/or shipping services. We will work to ensure the safety of our employees while minimizing effects on service. Contingency plans are in place to help ensure that shipments arrive at their final destinations as quickly as conditions permit.
Please Be Aware of Any Possible Shipping Delays:
(1) Slight delays with fulfillment processing may occur as manufacture and distributor warehouses are experiencing higher than normal volume and demand for nutritional items.
(2) Shipping carriers are experiencing delays. This is due to increased shipments resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic combined with any holidays, and/or natural disasters. Expedited shipping (2-Day, 3-Day, and Next-Day) are not guaranteed by the carriers and does not include weekend delivery. Please reach out to the shipping carrier for more information.
(3) Please be aware of severe weather conditions in or around your location and surrounding states that my affect the timeliness of delivery.