XYMOGEN, GastrAcid™ 180 Capsules
GastrAcid™ provides a variety of health-supportive factors. Glutamic acid HCl, betaine HCl, and pepsin, a proteolytic enzyme, assist in protein digestion. Gentian root, an herbal bitter, promotes the normal secretion of saliva and gastric acid for digestive support. HCl (hydrochloric acid) supports nutrient absorption and helps maintain a healthy gastric pH, which, in turn, supports healthy gastric ecology.*
- Provides Hydrochloric Acid to Help Maintain Gastric pH*
- Contains Factors to Promote Healthy Digestion, Especially of Dietary Protein*
- Supports Absorption of Certain Macro- and Micronutrients*
- Helps Maintain Normal Gastric Flora*
GastrAcid is designed to support the gastric phase of digestion directly and provide a stimulus for the excretion of pancreatic digestive juices in the small intestine. Adequate hydrochloric acid is fundamental to healthy protein digestion, nutrient availability, and the maintenance of normal gastric flora.[1-3] There is a natural decline in the ability to produce hydrochloric acid, especially after the age of 60. There appears to be an even greater decline in pepsin production related to normal aging. Support of natural gastric secretions and acidity helps support normal digestion, absorption, and immune health. Maintaining an acidic pH in the stomach helps support normal gastric and intestinal flora as well.*[6-8]
L- Glutamic Acid This amino acid can be obtained from dietary protein or synthesized endogenously from other amino acids, such as glutamine. L- glutamic acid is used in GastrAcid as an acidifying agent.*
Betaine Hydrochloride (HCl) Betaine (also known as trimethylglycine) is a natural substance found in foods such as beets, spinach, and grains. Research suggests that betaine supports cell health by acting as a methyl donor, and this, in turn, supports healthy methionine, homocysteine, and hepatic fat metabolism. Betaine also functions as an osmolyte, which supports the integrity of cells and proteins during fluctuations in hydration, salinity, and temperature. Betaine HCl, the acidic form of betaine, has traditionally been used to support digestion and absorption due to its ability to lower gastric pH.*[9,10]
Pepsin One of the first enzymes to initiate protein digestion, pepsin is first synthesized in the parietal cells of the gastric mucosa and secreted as the inactive zymogen precursor pepsinogen. Hydrochloric acid activates pepsinogen to convert it to pepsin once it is outside the cell. This activation sets up a chain reaction leading to the production of still more pepsin. Porcine pepsin, in addition to betaine HCl, is provided in GastrAcid with the goal of promoting more endogenous pepsin production.*[4,6]
Gentian Root (Gentiana lutea) Used for centuries to support healthy digestion, gentian contains the bitter glycosides gentiopicrin and amarogentin. Gentian’s bitter taste can be detected even at a dilution level of 50,000:1. Gentian root appears to support digestion by stimulating the secretion of saliva in the mouth, hydrochloric acid in the stomach, and digestive juices from the pancreas. Due to the stimulant effect that gentian root has on the endogenous production of HCl, individuals may be able to discontinue GastrAcid™ after a period of use.*[11-14]
GastrAcid is formulated with a variety of compounds and is designed to support gastric acidity, digestion, and normal gastrointestinal flora. GastrAcid should be taken with, or immediately following a meal. Do not use if there is a prior history of, or a current complaint of, a peptic or duodenal ulcer.*
Capsule (hypromellose and water), vegetable stearic acid, silica, vegetable magnesium stearate, and medium-chain triglyceride oil.
Take one capsule with meals, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use. Individuals taking medication should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare practitioner. Do not use it if the tamper seal is damaged.
Keep closed in a cool, dry place out of reach of children.
Formulated To Exclude:
Wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs), artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, and artificial preservatives.
1. Bland J, Liska D, Jones DS, et al. Clinical Nutrition A Functional Approach. 2nd ed. Gig Harbor, WA: The Institute for Functional Medicine. 2004.
2. Giannella RA, Broitman SA, Zamcheck N. Gastric acid barrier to ingested microorganisms in man: studies in vivo and in vitro. Gut. 1972 Apr;13(4):251-6. [PMID: 4556018]
3. Lovat LB. Age-related changes in gut physiology and nutritional status. Gut. 1996 Mar;38(3):306-9. [PMID: 8675079]
4. Feldman M, Cryer B, McArthur KE, et al. Effects of aging and gastritis on gastric acid and pepsin secretion in humans: a prospective study. Gastroenterology. 1996 Apr;110(4):1043-52. [PMID: 8612992]
5. Untersmayr E, Jensen-Jarolim E. The effect of gastric digestion on food allergy. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006 Jun;6(3):214-9. Review. [PMID: 16670517]
6. Smolin LA, Grosvenor MB. Nutrition: Science and Applications. 2nd ed. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2010.
7. Canani RB, Terrin G. Gastric acidity inhibitors and the risk of intestinal infections. Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2010 Jan;26(1):31-5. Review. [PMID: 19907324]
8. Kanno T, Matsuki T, Oka M, et al. Gastric acid reduction leads to an alteration in lower intestinal microflora. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009 Apr 17;381(4):666-70. [PMID: 19248769]
9. Craig SA. Betaine in human nutrition. Am J Clin Nutr. 2004 Sep;80(3):539-49. Review. [PMID: 15321791]
10. New York University Langone Medical Center. Betaine Hydrochloride. http:// www.med.nyu.edu/content?ChunkIID=21560. Last Reviewed 2011. Accessed March 23, 2012.
11. Mowrey D. Scientific Validation of Herbal Medicine. New Canaan, CT: McGraw-Hill. 1999.
12. Monterey Bay Spice Company. Gentian Root. http://www.herbco.com/p-763- gentian-root-cs-wild-crafted.aspx. Accessed March 25, 2012.
13. Vilkin A, Levi Z, Morgenstern S, et al. Higher gastric mucin secretion and lower gastric acid output in first-degree relatives of gastric cancer patients. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2008 Jan;42(1):36-41. [PMID: 18097287]
14. Behrens M, Brockhoff A, Batram C, et al. The human bitter taste receptor hTAS2R50 is activated by the two natural bitter terpenoids andrographolide and amarogentin. J Agric Food Chem. 2009 Nov 11;57(21):9860-6. [PMID: 19817411]
|USPS (Business Days)||UPS (Business Days)|
|USPS Priority Mail (1-3 Business Day)||UPS 2nd Day Air (2 Business Day)|
|USPS Parcel Select (1-7 Business Day )||UPS 3 Day Select (1-3 Business Day)|
|USPS First Class Package (1-3 Business Day)||UPS Ground (1-7 Business Day)|
Please Note: No Saturday Delivery Available.
Agape Nutrition is proud to offer:
United States Postal Service (USPS) and United Parcel Service (UPS) as our standard shipping carriers and their services. Shipping rates are determined in real time or carrier book rate by weight and distance. Shipping Options are determined and reflected upon check out, for your choosing. If an option is not listed upon check out, your package may not meet the weight requirement or the service may not be available to the address location. Automated invoices for orders and shipping updates will drop into the email listed on the Agape Nutrition account. If SMS is accepted, automated updates will go to your phone via text message, you may also receive an email.
We pride ourselves on providing fast service at competitive prices.
- Orders received by 12:00 pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) are generally processed the same day, and may ship within 24 hours. However, this is not a guarantee.
- Orders received after 12:00 PM (PST) may process within 24 to 48 hours of receipt.
- Tracking is updated within 24 to 48 hours of receipt and after processing and the package has shipped.
Processing and shipping times are:
- Estimated and applicable during regular business hours.
- Dependent upon the daily order volume at Agape Nutrition.
- Dependent upon the daily order volume at the partner warehouse.
- Dependent upon the time zones of our manufacture and distributor partners.
- Dependent upon the shipping service practices and processing standards.
Signature may be required for:
- Orders of a high dollar amount.
- Biotics Research shipments.
- Vielight shipments.
- Richway shipments.
- All electronic devices.
- All laboratory test kits.
We have fixed shipping rates for a select few brand partners as per their shipping rate requirements, which may be different then our own and other distributor warehouses. Brands that apply: Vielight, Richway International, Biotics Research.
Shipping carriers are experiencing delays. This is due to increased shipments resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic combined with any holidays, and / or natural disasters.
Expedited shipping (2-Day, 3-Day, and Next-Day) are not guaranteed by the carriers and does not include weekend delivery. Due to no carrier guarantees, delayed or late packages are not eligible for refunds. This is a stipulation directly from the shipping carriers and is out of our control.
Shipping Service Guarantees Remain Suspended for Most Shipments. Please reach out to the shipping carrier for more information.
Please see our FAQ page for additional questions and answers.
All discounts and promotional offers are calculated before shipping and handling rates are applied.
Orders cannot be cancelled or changed once the order has been placed and the confirmation is received.
Products may ship faster then expected, and many are automated to process directly after order confirmation. We work directly with top professional manufactures and distributors from across the United States, in all time zones. There are a lot of cogs and wheels turning to process and ship your order efficiently to meet an on time delivery target. When you request a cancellation or change of an order, it may take up to 72 hours to process your request. This process may involve voiding orders in computer systems, removing items from back order logs, pulling items from production schedules and sometimes stopping orders at the shipping dock or warehouse. Our order fulfillment may be performed by many quick hands, in different states and time zones. Therefore, we cannot offer or guarantee order cancellations after the order has been received.
- Products may process and ship faster then expected.
- Products may be automated to process directly after the order is confirmed.
- Product warehouses may be in different states and time zones.
- Orders may take up to 72 hours to process a cancellation or change.
Agape Nutrition is proud to ship to 52 states and territories of the United States.
- All 50 United States (includes Washington DC, Hawaii, Alaska)
- Armed Forces: Americas (AA)
Orders shipped to U.S. military addresses (APO/FPO/DPO) will ship via United States Postal Service (USPS) at the carrier book rate; normal delivery of these orders may be delayed by one (1) business day.
Agape Nutrition does not offer international shipping at this time, outside the 52 states, including Washington DC and Armed Forces Americas of the United States.
HEAT SENSITIVE SHIPMENTS
Products requiring shipment in a cool environment (perishable and frozen items) are subject to special shipping procedures due to their sensitive nature to ensure customers receive products in good condition. Heat sensitive items are shipped using sealed thermal bubble bag, ice pack or brick, resealable bag and extra padding to ensure a cool environment. We do not recommend heat sensitive item ship to territories of the United States, and we cannot be held responsible for cooled environment degradation to these destinations.
Agape Nutrition recommends that heat sensitive products ship with your preference of any 1-3 Day delivery service. We do not offer overnight or next day delivery service at this time. Saturday delivery is not available or guaranteed, unless offered by the shipping carrier as part of the normal delivery.
- Heat sensitive items are not eligible for return, credit, or refund. As we cannot guarantee cool storage or efficacy of the product, after the order has been delivered.
- Delays in shipping service delivery, caused an issue? See our return policy for further information.
Please be aware of severe weather and hazardous conditions in your area or other states that may affect the timeliness of your package delivery. Agape Nutrition can not be responsible for severe weather and unforeseen incidents that may impact the processing times and/or shipping services. We will work to ensure the safety of our employees while minimizing effects on service. Contingency plans are in place to help ensure that shipments arrive at their final destinations as quickly as conditions permit.
Please Be Aware of Any Possible Shipping Delays:
(1) Slight delays with fulfillment processing may occur as manufacture and distributor warehouses are experiencing higher than normal volume and demand for nutritional items.
(2) Shipping carriers are experiencing delays. This is due to increased shipments resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic combined with any holidays, and/or natural disasters. Expedited shipping (2-Day, 3-Day, and Next-Day) are not guaranteed by the carriers and does not include weekend delivery. Please reach out to the shipping carrier for more information.
(3) Please be aware of severe weather conditions in or around your location and surrounding states that my affect the timeliness of delivery.