Integrative Therapeutics Physicians' Elemental Diet Dextrose Free
Physicians’ Elemental Diet Dextrose Free is an elemental powder medical food formulated to provide dietary management for patients who have limited or impaired capacity to digest, absorb, or metabolize ordinary foods or certain nutrients. Physicians’ Elemental Diet Dextrose Free is a strictly hypoallergenic formula with a well-tolerated flavor and is formulated to provide the same dietary management as Physicians’ Elemental Diet original, but without the dextrose as a carbohydrate source.
Elemental Diet for Patients with Moderate to Severe Gastrointestinal / Digestive Impairment!
Physicians’ Elemental Diet Dextrose Free is intended for use under medical supervision for the dietary management of patients with GI dysfunction.
The elemental diet is designed for the dietary management of:
- Irritable bowel and Crohn’s disease,1-6
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO),7-9
- Moderate to severe impaired gastrointestinal function.3, 10-12
Physicians’ Elemental Diet Dextrose Free contains a balanced blend of macronutrients fortified with essential vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes to assure comprehensive support as a sole source of nutritional intake for limited periods. It has been:
- Specifically formulated to contain free amino acids, partially hydrolyzed carbohydrate, and medium chain triglycerides to aid in their absorption from the GI lumen.
- Designed to maintain nutritional sustenance as a sole source of nutrition for up to four weeks.
- Produced as a strictly hypoallergenic formula, free from yeast, wheat, gluten, dairy products, fructose, sucrose, lactose, disaccharides, sorbitol, mannitol, xylitol, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
- Formulated with a well-tolerated flavor for improved patient adherence
Dosing by Caloric Need!
Physicians’ Elemental Diet Dextrose Free should be used for 2-4 weeks. It was designed to maintain nutritional sustenance as a sole source of nutrition, and can be used as a half-elemental diet making dosing dependent upon the caloric needs of each patient. One scoop of Physicians’ Elemental Diet Dextrose Free = 35 grams, and 150 calories. Each 1,260g bag contains 36 scoops (5,400 calories). Learn more about determining caloric need.
|1 Scoop||35g||150 Calories|
|1260g bag||36 scoops||5400 Calories|
Directions and/or Dosage:
Thoroughly mix each heaping scoopful (35 g) in 4-8 oz. (118-236 mL) chilled or room temperature water. Additional water may be added to the mixture or consumed separately as desired. Consume the mixture slowly over a period of 15 to 60 minutes or more, dependent upon individual comfort. Once mixed, any product that is not consumed after 60 minutes should be refrigerated for a maximum of 24 hours, then shaken or stirred prior to consumption. After opening, store remaining powder in a dry place at room temperature.
Mixture may not be orange in color when mixed with water, but rather white in color and may contain sediment that may not dissolve completely. Manufacture image may reflect a juice rather than water for suggested taste.
The contents are based upon the weight of product, and may settle during shipping and handling. Due to variations in product handling, there may be slight variations between each scoop.
Serving Size: 1.23 oz (35 g) Powder Mix
Serving Per Container: 44.44 oz (1,260 g) Powder Mix
Amount Per Serving:
|Ingredient||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||40|
|Total Fat||4.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Protein (Contains 7.5 g free form amino acids per 35 g serving).|
|Vitamin A (Beta Carotene)||250 mcg|
|Vitamin C||20 mg|
|Vitamin D3||1.67 mg|
|Vitamin E||6.7 mg|
|Vitamin K||10 mcg|
|Riboflavin (Riboflavin-5'-phosphate)||0.56 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal-5'-phosphate)||667 mcg|
|Folate (as Quatrefolic® (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate glucosamine salt)||33 mcg|
|Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin)||0.5 mcg|
|Pantothenic Acid||3.3 mg|
tapioca maltodextrin, medium chain triglycerides, l-glutamine, l-proline, natural flavor, l-aspartic acid, l-serine, l-arginine hydrochloride, l-alanine, potassium citrate, l-leucine, l-lysine hydrochloride, disodium phosphate, l-valine, l-glycine, l-isoleucine, l-threonine, tricalcium phosphate, l-tyrosine, dimagnesium malate, dicalcium malate, l-phenylalanine, choline bitartrate, l-methionine, l-histidine, l-cysteine hydrochloride, potassium malate, magnesium citrate, l-tryptophan, l-carnitine l-tartrate, sodium ascorbate, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate, iron gluconate, l-taurine, zinc sulfate, calcium d-pantothenate, beta carotene, niacinamide, sodium chloride, sodium selenite, manganese citrate, phytonadione, pyridoxyl-5’-phosphate, cholecalciferol, riboflavin-5’-phosphate, thiamine hydrochloride, copper sulfate, Quatrefolic® ((6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate glucosamine salt), d-biotin, sodium molybdate, potassium iodide, methylcobalamin.
Does Not Contain:
- Artificial coloring
- Artificial flavoring
- Dairy products
Also contains no dextrose, sorbitol, mannitol, xylitol.
Medical food intended for use under medical supervision.
Not intended for use in children.
Physicians’ Elemental Diet™ Dextrose Free is a 100% free form amino acid-based powdered elemental formula intended for distinctive nutritional requirements. Physicians’ Elemental Diet Dextrose Free requires minimal digestive functionality for assimilation.
Physicians’ Elemental Diet Dextrose Free formula provides 150 calories per serving, distributed as approximately 20% protein, 60% carbohydrate and 20% fat.
Packaged by weight, not volume. Settling of contents may occur.
Keep out of reach of children.
Quatrefolic® is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A., U.S. Patent No. 7,947,662.
2. O'Morain, C, Segal, AW, Levi, AJ. 1984. Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 288:1859-62.
3. Ueno, F, Matsui, T, Matsumoto, T, et al. 2013. J Gastroenterol. 48:31–72.
4. Verma, S, Kirkwood, B, Brown, S, Giaffer, MH 2000. Dig Liver Dis. 32:769-74.
5. Yamamoto, T, et al. 2005. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 11:580-8.
6. Zoli, G, Carè, M, Parazza, M, et al. 1997. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 11:735-40.
7. Van Citters, GW, Lin, HC. 2005. Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 7:317- 20.
8. Bures, J, et al. 2010. World J Gastroenterol. 16:2978-90.
9. Pimentel, M, et al. 2004. Dig Dis Sci. 49:73-7.
10. Eiden, KA. 2003. Pract. Gastroenterol. 2003, 33-43, 47-54
11. Fisher, RL 1999. J. Nutr. 129:252S–5S..
12. Devlin, J, David, TJ, Stanton, RH. 1991. Arch Dis Child. 66:93-9
Agape Nutrition Inventory Update
We have received unprecedented demand across a wide range of categories as the impact of coronavirus COVID-19 has continued to spread over the past several months, and as a result, have experienced several availability issues.
We are working very closely with our manufacture and supplier partners to quickly increase availability across all product categories. We are now operating normally with intermittent out of stock levels, which generally do not last long and are quickly being replenished by our brand partners.
Please Be Aware of Any Possible Shipping Delays:
(1) Slight delays with fulfillment processing may occur as manufacture and distributor warehouses are experiencing higher than normal volume and demand for nutritional items.
(2) Shipping carriers are experiencing delays due to increased shipments resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and/or combined with holiday seasons. Expedited shipping (2-Day, 3-Day, and Next-Day) are not guaranteed by the carriers and does not include weekend delivery. Please reach out to the shipping carrier for more information.
(3) Please be aware of severe weather conditions in or around your location and surrounding states that my affect the timeliness of delivery.
Orders cannot be cancelled once the order confirmation is received.
Agape Nutrition is proud to offer: United States Postal Service (USPS) and United Parcel Service (UPS) as our standard shipping carriers and their services. Shipping rates are determined in real time or carrier book rate by weight and distance. Shipping Options are determined and reflected upon check out, for your choosing. If an option below is not listed upon check out, your package may not meet the weight requirement or the service may not be available to the address location. You will receive an automated invoice of your order in your email inbox. Tracking is generally applied within 24 to 48 hours of receipt, unless otherwise notified.
We pride ourselves on providing fast service at competitive prices.
Orders received by 12:00 pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) are generally processed within 24 to 48 hours, which is dependent upon the daily order volume. Although, most orders are processed and shipped within 24 hours of receipt, this is not a guarantee. Tracking is updated within 24 to 48 hours after processing and the package has shipped.
|USPS Services (Business Days)||UPS Services (Business Days)|
|1-3 Days||USPS First-Class Mail||2 Days||UPS 2 Day Air|
|1-3 Days||USPS Priority Mail||3 Days||UPS 3 Day Select|
|2-9 Days||USPS Parcel Select||1-7 Days||UPS Ground|
Please Note: No Saturday Delivery.
FREE SHIPPING is offered to orders that meet or exceed $99, by applying the promo code: FREESHIP and click the ADD button upon check out. FREE SHIPPING is USPS Standard delivery service or UPS Standard Ground, if the first option is not available to your shipping location. Offer excludes specialty products and other discounts.
If FREE SHIPPING is not desired, simply do not apply the promo code. All available shipping options for your order will be displayed.
All discounts and promotional offers are calculated before shipping and handling rates are applied.
Orders cannot be cancelled once the order has been placed and that confirmation is received.
When you request a cancellation of an order or item it may take up to 72 hours to process your cancellation claim. This process may involve voiding orders in computer systems, removing items from back order logs, having operations personnel pull items from production schedules and sometimes stopping orders at the shipping dock. Also note that products ship more quickly than expected, and many are automated to process directly after order confirmation. Therefore, we cannot offer or guarantee order cancellations after confirmation. We can certainly review the order to see what we can do, but generally the process is much to fast and cannot be stopped.
Orders should be placed via the web with payment by MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, PayPal or Amazon Pay, etc.
Agape Nutrition is proud to ship to 62 states and territories of the United States.
- All 50 United States
- Armed Forces: Americas (AA)
Orders shipped to U.S. military addresses (APO/FPO/DPO) will ship via United States Postal Service (USPS) at the carrier book rate; delivery of these orders may be delayed by one (1) business day.
Agape Nutrition does not offer international orders or shipping at this time, outside the 62 states and territories of the United States.
Heat Sensitive Orders
Products requiring shipment in a cool environment (perishable and frozen items) are subject to special shipping procedures due to their sensitive nature to ensure customers receive products in good condition. Heat sensitive items are shipped using sealed thermal bubble bag, ice pack or brick, resealable bag and extra padding to ensure a cool environment. We do not recommend heat sensitive item ship to territories of the United States, and we cannot be held responsible for cooled environment degradation to these destinations.
Agape Nutrition recommends that heat sensitive products ship with your preference of any 1-3 Day delivery service. We do not offer overnight or next day delivery service at this time. Saturday delivery is not available or guaranteed, unless offered by the shipping carrier as part of the normal delivery.
- All heat sensitive items will ship on Monday and Tuesday only. This is the ensure that heat sensitive orders are delivered before weekends.
- Heat sensitive items are not eligible for return, credit, or refund. As we cannot guarantee cool storage or efficacy of the product, after the order has been delivered.
- Delays in shipping service delivery, caused an issue? See our return policy for further information.
Drop Ship Orders
Shipping may be different from the warehouse(s) we work with, however we do our best to match the pricing and type of shipping originally selected. Please note that some manufactures add 1-2 days for their processing times before shipping your order.
Signature is required for:
- Orders of a high dollar amount.
- Biotics Research NW shipments.
- Vielight shipments.
- Richway shipments.
- All electronic devices.
- All laboratory test kits.
Drop ship orders may be utilized in the following scenarios:
- Out of stock in our dispensary.
- Allows faster shipping time.
- Special order items.
- Drop ship only item.
May be available on specific items only. Discounts will be available on the item order page, with the volume and discount clearly indicated.
We do not offer commercial entity fulfillment (wholesaler, distributor, re-seller). Orders are processed for quantities of personal consumption only. Accounts are monitored and deactivated for misuse, at Agape Nutrition's discretion.
Out of Stock Items
If an item ordered is out of stock with the manufacture or any warehouse we work with, you will automatically receive the remainder of your order.
- We may: search for another fulfillment warehouse in order to drop ship your item.
- We may: notify you if the item can be fulfilled within 1-2 weeks, so that you may choose to wait for fulfillment or cancel the order.
- We may: cancel the item or order for a full refund. You will be notified by email of any unfulfillable cancellations.
Please be aware of severe weather and hazardous conditions in your area or other states that may affect the timeliness of your package delivery. Agape Nutrition can not be responsible for severe weather and unforeseen incidents that may impact the processing times and/or shipping services. We will work to ensure the safety of our employees while minimizing effects on service. Contingency plans are in place to help ensure that shipments arrive at their final destinations as quickly as conditions permit.
All prices are subject to change without notice. Agape Nutrition is not liable for errors or omissions.