NeuroScience | AdreCor with Licorice Root | 90 Capsules
Increases cortisol levels and provides non-glandular ingredients important for adrenal health, energy, wakefulness, and stress management*
- Glycyrrhizic acid (from Licorice root extract): Glycyrrhetinic acid (metabolite of glycyrrhizic acid) binds 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 2 (11β-HSD2) to inhibit the breakdown of cortisol (1,2)*
- L-histidine: Precursor to histamine. In the central nervous system, histamine plays an important role in the release of pituitary hormones and wakefulness (3).
- L-methionine: Precursor to S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe) (4). SAMe is directly involved in methylation processes including catecholamine synthesis (5).
- L-tyrosine: Precursor to catecholamines including dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine.
- Rhodiola rosea root extract (5% rosavins): Adaptogen that has been shown to reduce stress-induced effects (6,7).* In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, Rhodiola rosea was shown to significantly improve mental fatigue and general well-being under stress (7).*
- Green tea leaf extract (Camellia sinensis) (65% EGCG): Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) is a polyphenol in green tea that provides antioxidant protection by its ability to scavenge free radicals and metal ions (8)* EGCG has been shown to increase resistance to fatigue in vivo (9).*
- Vitamins B and C: Active forms of pantothenic acid, niacin, B6, folate, B12, and C are important for the synthesis of adrenal hormones and neurotransmitters (10-14).*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 3 Capsules
Servings per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving:
|Ingredient||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)||300 mg||500%|
|Niacin (as niacinamide)||6 mg||30%|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5'-phosphate)||12 mg||600%|
|Folate (from (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate acid, glucosamine salt)||120 mcg||30%|
|Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)||60 mcg||1,000%|
|Pantothenic acid (as D-calcium pantothenate)||300 mg||3,000%|
|Magnesium (from magnesium glycinate)||14 mg||4%|
|Zinc (as zinc bisglycinate chelate)||3 mg||20%|
|Glycyhrrizic acid (from Licorice root extract)||120 mg||†|
L-histidine, L methionine, L-tyrosine, Rhodiola rosea root extract (5% rosavins), and Green tea leaf extract (70% epigallocatechin gallate)
† Daily Value (DV) not established.
Take 1-3 capsules one to two times daily or as directed by your healthcare provider.
Microcrystalline cellulose, Vegetable capsule (Hypromellose, water), and Magnesium stearate (vegetable source).
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare provider before use.
- van Gelderen C, et al. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2000;19(8):434-9.
- Chapman K, et al. Physiol Rev. 2013;93(3):1139-206.
- Krystal A, et al. Sleep Med Rev. 2013;17(4):263-72.
- Duncan T, et al. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2013;57(4):628-36.
- Mischoulon D and Fava M. Am J Clin Nutr. 2002;76(5):1158S-61S.
- Chiang H, et al. J Food Drug Anal. 2015;23(3):359-69.
- Spasov A, et al. Phytomedicine. 2000;7(2):85-9.
- Legeay S, et al. Nutrients. 2015;7(7):5443-68.
- Teng Y and Wu D. Pharmacogn Mag. 2017;13(50):326-31.
- Ragaller V, et al. J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl). 2011;95(1):6-16.
- Vrecko K, et al. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1361(1):59-65.
- May J, et al. Brain Res Bull. 2013;90:35-42.
- Antoniades C, et al. Circulation. 2006;114(11):1193-201.
- Mattson M and Shea T. Trends Neurosci. 2003;26(3):137-46.