Contains a blend of ingredients important for regulating glutamate activity, stress reduction, metabolic health, and mitochondrial function*
- N-acetyl-L-cysteine: Precursor to L-cysteine, which is required for the synthesis of glutathione, an endogenous antioxidant important for mediating oxidative stress (1,2).* L-cysteine modulates glutamate activity through the activation of cystine/glutamate antiporters (3).
- L-theanine: Amino acid that acts as a glutamate receptor antagonist (4).* Glutamatergic signaling underlies mechanisms related to anxiousness and stress (5). In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, L-theanine was shown to significantly reduce stress (6).*
- Alpha-lipoic acid: Antioxidant that is able to regenerate endogenous antioxidants and scavenge metal ions and free radicals (7).* Evidence suggests the insulin-signaling pathway is sensitive to redox status (7). Alpha-lipoic acid can influence the redox status in cells important for the translocation of glucose transporters and increasing glucose uptake (7).*
- Coenzyme Q10: Compound found in nearly every human cell that is essential for mitochondrial function and antioxidant protection (8).*
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 45
Amount Per Serving:
|Ingredient||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Folate (as (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid) (equivalent to 300 mcg of (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt**)||150 mcg||38%|
|Selenium (from L-selenomethionine)||70 mcg||100%|
N-acetyl-L-cysteine, L-theanine, Alpha-Lipoic acid, and Coenzyme Q10
†Daily Value not established.
Take 1-2 capsules three to four times daily or as directed by your healthcare provider.
Microcrystalline cellulose, Vegetable capsule (Hypromellose, water), and Magnesium stearate (vegetable source).
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare provider before use.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Rushworth G and Megson I. Pharmacol Ther. 2014;141(2):150-9.
- Schmitt B, et al. Redox Biol. 2015;6:198-205.
- Berk M, et al. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2013;34(3):167-77.
- Kakuda T, et al. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2002;66(12):2683-6.
- Bermudo-Soriano C, et al. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2012;100(4):752-74.
- Kimura K, et al. Biol Psychol. 2007;74(1):39-45.
- Rochette L, et al. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2015;93(12):1021-7.
- Garrido-Maraver J, et al. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2014;19:619-33.