NeuroScience | Serene | 60 Capsules
Serene | 60 Capsules:
Contains a blend of ingredients important for mood and sleep-wake function*
- 5-HTP (from Griffonia simplicifolia seed extract): 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) crosses the blood-brain barrier and is a precursor to serotonin and melatonin (1).* Serotonin is important for regulating mood and sleep-wake function (2). In a randomized, double-blind study, 5-HTP was shown to significantly improve mood (3).*
- Vitamins B and C: Active forms of vitamin B6, folate, and C are important for serotonin synthesis (4-8).*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving:
|Ingredient||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)||300 mg||500%|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5'- phosphate)||2.5 mg||125%|
|Folate (as (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid) (equivalent to 205 mcg of (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt**)||133 mcg||33%|
|Calcium (as calcium citrate)||74 mg||7%|
|5-hydroxytryptophan (from Griffonia simplicifoliaseed extract)||100 mg||†|
†Daily Value (DV) not established.
Take 1 capsule one to two times daily or as directed by your healthcare provider.
Vegetable capsule (Hypromellose, water), Microcrystalline cellulose, and Magnesium stearate (vegetable source).
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare provider before use.
- Shaw K, et al. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2002;(1):CD003198.
- Monti J. Sleep Med Rev. 2011;15(4):269-81.
- Jangid P, et al. Asian J Psychiatr. 2013;6(1):29-34.
- Dakshinamurti K, et al. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1990;585:128-44.
- Bottiglieri T. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2013;36(1):1-13.
- Stahl S. J Clin Psychiatry. 2008;69(9):1352-3.
- Antoniades C, et al. Circulation. 2006;114(11):1193-201.
- May J, et al. Brain Res Bull. 2013;90:35-42.