NeuroScience | TravaGen | 120 Capsules
Contains a gentle blend of ingredients important for mood and reducing stress* Utilizes L-tryptophan to provide gentler conversion to serotonin compared to 5-HTP*
- L-tryptophan: An essential amino acid and precursor to serotonin and melatonin. L-tryptophan provides gentler conversion to serotonin compared to 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) as the rate-limiting step in the synthesis of serotonin is the conversion of L-tryptophan to 5-HTP (1). Serotonin is important for regulating mood and sleep-wake function (2).
- Taurine: Neuroprotective amino acid that provides antioxidant protection and demonstrates GABA-A agonist activity (3-5).* GABA is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain important for calm and sleep (6-8).
- L-theanine: Amino acid that acts as a glutamate receptor antagonist (9).* Glutamatergic signaling plays a role in underlying mechanisms related to anxiousness and stress (10). In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, L-theanine was shown to significantly reduce stress (11).*
- Vitamins B and C: Active forms of vitamin B6, folate, B12, and C are important for serotonin synthesis (12-16).*
Serving Size: 3 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 40
Amount Per Serving:
|Ingredient||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)||40 mg||67%|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5'- phosphate)||9 mg||450%|
|Folate (as (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid)(equivalent to 400 mcg of (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt**)||200 mcg||50%|
|Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)||30 mcg||500%|
|Zinc (from zinc bisglycinate chelate)||6 mg||40%|
|Selenium (from L-selenomethionine)||7 mcg||10%|
L-tryptophan, Taurine, and L-theanine
† Daily Value (DV) not established.
Take 1-3 capsules one to two times daily or as directed by your healthcare provider.
Vegetable capsule (Hypromellose, water), Microcrystalline cellulose, and Magnesium stearate (vegetable source).
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare provider before use.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Birdsall T. Altern Med Rev. 1988;3(4):271-80.
- Monti J. Sleep Med Rev. 2011;15(4):269-81.
- Kumari N, et al. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013;775:19-27.
- Shimada K, et al. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2015;803:581-96.
- Kletke O, et al. PLoS One. 2013;8(4):e61733.
- Gou Z, et al. Dongwuxue Yanjiu. 2012;33(E5-6):E75-81.
- Mohler H. Neuropharmacology. 2012;62(1):42-53.
- Saper C, et al. Nature. 2005;437(7063):1257-63.
- Kakuda T, et al. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2002;66(12):2683-2686.
- Bermudo-Soriano C, et al. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2012;100(4):752-74.
- Kimura K, et al. Biol Psychol. 2007; 74(1):39-45.
- Dakshinamurti K, et al. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1990;585:128-44.
- Bottiglieri T. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2013;36(1):1-13.
- Stahl S. J Clin Psychiatry. 2008;69(9):1352-3.
- Antoniades C, et al. Circulation. 2006;114(11):1193-201.
- May J, et al. Brain Res Bull. 2013;90:35-42.