Priority One, Cal Mag + Vit D2 - 90 Veg Capsules
Cal-Mag + Vit D2 is a calcium supplementation with Vitamin D2, suitable for vegans. Adequate calcium and Vitamin D intake throughout life, as part of a well-balanced diet, may reduce the risk of osteoporosis.*
Quality of life can be directly traced to the ability to maintain a strong, agile body. Individuals with adequate blood storage levels of calcidiol (the stored form of Vitamin D) have strong bones and optimal calcium balance.*
Adequate calcium and Vitamin D intake throughout life, as part of a well-balanced diet, may reduce the risk of osteoporosis.*
A question we are often asked is, why does Priority One carry Vitamin D2?
This vegan vitamin D2, calcium & magnesium supplement formulation is sourced from Agaricus bisporus (whole mushroom) for individuals who follow a vegan lifestyle.
Not all calcium supplements are the same. For the body to benefit from calcium tablets or capsules, they must dissolve in the stomach, but some tablets may pass through the gastrointestinal system without fully disintegrating. As a result, the body only absorbs part of the calcium or none, depending on the individual.1 Cal-Mag + Vit D3 is offered as a vegetarian capsule, to facilitate easier disintegration for individuals who need immediate benefit.*
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body. Teeth and bones contain 99% of the body's calcium. Adequate calcium intake is essential for the formation and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth. The remaining 1% is found in the blood and other bodily fluids where, among other things, it aids with blood clotting, nerve transmission, and muscle operation.*2
Calcium is stored in the bones; insufficient daily calcium intake can cause the body’s calcium serum level to drop below optimal levels. When serum calcium levels drop, the body takes the calcium its needs from the bones, causing the bones to weaken. Research indicates that bone resorption responds immediately to increased calcium intake.*3
We created these vegan calcium supplements because inadequate calcium intake is one of the primary nutritional concerns in the United States.* The individuals most affected include the following:
- Adolescents, whose bones are developing*
- Pregnant women, whose bodies give up calcium for the fetus.*
- Lactating women, whose milk depletes their own calcium supply.*
- Elderly individuals, who lose bone mass as part of the natural aging process.*
- Vegan individuals, who do not consume dairy.*
- Individuals who are allergic to dairy products or lactose intolerant.*
Serving Size: Three (3) Vegetarian Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving / % Daily Value
Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) 600 IU 150%
-(from Agaricus bisporus (whole mushroom))
Calcium 757mg 76%
-(as calcium citrate chelates aspartate hydroxide carbonate)
Magnesium (as magnesium citrate chelate oxide) 292mg 73%
**Daily Value not established.
One (1) to three (3) capsules, three times daily, as a dietary supplement.
Store at a cool, dry temperature.
Keep the bottle closed tightly.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your physician before using this product.
Keep out of reach of children.
- Shkangraw, RF. Calcium tablets are not all created equal, Food and Drug Administration Conferences on Osteoporosis, October 1988.
- Kirschmann, JD, Dunn, LJ.Nutrition Almanac, 2nd ed.McGraw-Hill. Nutrition Search, Inc., 1984.
- Reid, IR, Schooler, BR, Hannan, SF, Ibbetson, HK. The acute biochemical effects of four proprietary calcium preparations.Australian and New Zealand Journal of Medicine. Vol. 16. No. 2, April 1986.