XYMOGEN, 5-HTP CR 60 Tablets
Relaxation & Sleep
5-HTP CR has a delivery system that releases 5-HTP slowly and steadily over a period of time. 5-HTP is a drug-free amino acid derived from a plant that naturally increases the body’s level of serotonin, the chemical messenger that affects emotions, behavior, appetite, and sleeps. Today’s stress-filled lifestyles and dietary practices may negatively affect how the body handles serotonin. Regular use of XYMOGEN®’s 5-HTP CR helps promote a more positive outlook and greater appetite control.*
- Supports Healthy Biosynthesis of Serotonin*
- Supports Healthy Mood and Positive Outlook*
- Supports Normal Appetite*
- Supports Restful Sleep Pattern*
5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is a precursor to serotonin. In the body, the essential amino acid tryptophan (when acted upon by the enzyme tryptophan hydroxylase) converts to 5-HTP. The compound is subsequently decarboxylated to serotonin, thereby elevating extracellular serum serotonin levels. Supplementing with 5-HTP bypasses the somewhat limiting conversion of tryptophan to 5-HTP.[1,2]
Oral 5-HTP is well-absorbed in the intestine without the need for a transporter; other amino acids do not compete with it for absorption. It easily crosses the blood-brain barrier, is not degraded by the enzymes that degrade tryptophan, and is excreted through the kidneys.*[1,3]
Mood and Comfort Serotonin regulates many normal brain activities, increases norepinephrine and dopamine, and is important in regulating mood and behavior. Adequate levels of serotonin are associated with normal calmness and relaxation.*[1-5]
Several studies have demonstrated that 5-HTP supports a healthy frame of mind, good energy levels, ease of movement, and restful sleep.[1,6,7] Published studies (dose~100-600 mg/day) have also demonstrated the effectiveness of 5-HTP supplementation in supporting cerebral comfort.*[8-10]
Appetite Used in a high dose (i.e., 300 mg/three times a day), 5-HTP decreased food consumption and reduced weight. This result may relate to the effect of 5-HTP in supporting normal hypothalamic regulation, which includes appetite homeostasis. However, nausea at this relatively high dose was a common complaint.[12,13] In other research, sublingual 5-HTP administered five times per day for eight weeks in adult overweight women significantly supported feelings of post-meal hunger satisfaction.*
Hormones and Sleep 5-HTP are thought to affect the HPA axis, as it has the ability to raise plasma cortisol levels, cause a transient increase in growth hormone (at 150 mg dose), and in men only, support healthy levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone.[15,16] Serotonin is also converted to melatonin; thus, supplementation has similar effects. Support of sleep quality is likely related to 5-HTP’s ability to increase the length of rapid eye movement (REM).[3,17] In children, supplementation with 5-HTP may help modulate arousal levels and support peaceful sleep.*
Other Ingredients: Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, ascorbyl palmitate, silica, and coating (tapioca maltodextrin, sunflower lecithin, palm oil, and guar gum).
Directions: Take one tablet, up to two times daily, with a meal, or as directed by your healthcare professional. Do not exceed recommended dose. Consult your healthcare professional prior to use if you have, or suspect you have, a medical condition or are taking prescription drugs for depression, migraines, Parkinson’s disease, or psychiatric disorders. Not for use by children.
Cautions: Do not take if you are, or suspect you are, pregnant or if you are lactating, or under 18 years of age. STORAGE: Keep closed in a cool, dry place out of reach of children.
Formulated To Exclude: Wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, soy, animal and dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, and artificial preservatives.
1. Juhl JH. Fibromyalgia and the serotonin pathway. Altern Med Rev. 1998 Oct;3(5):367-75. [PMID: 9802912]
2. Gutknecht L, Jacob C, Strobel A, et al. Tryptophan hydroxylase-2 gene variation influences personality traits and disorders related to emotional dysregulation. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2007 Jun;10(3):309-20. [PMID: 17176492]
3. Birdsall TC. 5-Hydroxytryptophan: a clinically-effective serotonin precursor. Altern Med Rev. 1998 Aug;3(4):271-80. [PMID: 9727088]
4. Agren H, Reibring L, Hartvig P, et al. Low brain uptake of L-[11C]5- hydroxytryptophan in major depression: a positron emission tomography study on patients and healthy volunteers. Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1991;83(6):449-55. [PMID: 1882697]
5. Zmilacher K, Battegay R, Gastpar M. L-5-hydroxytryptophan alone and in combination with a peripheral decarboxylase inhibitor in the treatment of depression. Neuropsychobiology. 1988;20(1):28-35. [PMID: 3265988]
6. Caruso I, Sarzi Puttini P, Cazzola M, et al. Double-blind study of 5-hydroxytryptophan versus placebo in the treatment of primary fibromyalgia syndrome. J Int Med Res. 1990 May-Jun;18(3):201-09. [PMID: 2193835]
7. Puttini S, Caruso I. Primary fibromyalgia syndrome and 5-hydroxy-L-tryptophan: a 90-day open study. J Int Med Res. 1992 Apr;20(2):182-89. [PMID: 1521674]
8. Ribeiro CA. L-5-hydroxytryptophan in the prophylaxis of chronic tension-type headache: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. Headache. 2000 Jun;40(6):451-56. [PMID: 10849040]
9. Nagata E, Shibata M, Hamada J, et al. Plasma 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) in migraine during an attack-free period. Headache. 2006 Apr;46(4):592-96. [PMID: 16643553]
10. Nicolodi M, Sicuteri F. L-5-hydroxytryptophan can prevent nociceptive disorders in man. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1999;467:177-82. [PMID: 10721054]
11. Schott DA, Nicolai J, de Vries JE, et al. Disorder in the serotonergic system due to tryptophan hydroxylation impairment: a cause of hypothalamic syndrome? Horm Res Paediatr. 2010;73(1):68-73. [PMID: 20190542]
12. Cangiano C, Ceci F, Cascino A, et al. Eating behavior and adherence to dietary prescriptions in obese adult subjects treated with 5-hydroxytryptophan. Am J Clin Nutr. 1992 Nov;56:863-67. [PMID: 1384305]
13. Cangiano C, Laviano A, Del Ben M, et al. Effects of oral 5-hydroxy-tryptophan on energy intake and macronutrient selection in non-insulin dependent diabetic patients. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1998 Jul;22(7):648-54. [PMID: 9705024]
14. Rondanelli M, Klersy C, Iadarola P, et al. Satiety and amino-acid profile in overweight women after a new treatment using a natural plant extract sublingual spray formulation. Int J Obes (Lond). 2009 Oct;33(10):1174-82. [PMID: 19752879]
15. Lee MA, Nash JF, Barnes M, et al. Inhibitory effect of ritanserin on the 5-hydroxytryptophan-mediated cortisol, ACTH and prolactin secretion in humans. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 1991;103(2):258-64. [PMID: 1851310]
16. Mashchak CA, Kletzky OA, Spencer C, et al. Transient effect of L-5- hydroxytryptophan on pituitary function in men and women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1983 Jan;56(1):170-76. [PMID:6600170]
17. Wyatt RJ, Zarcone V, Engelman K, et al. Effects of 5-hydroxytryptophan on the sleep of normal human subjects. Electroencephalogr Clin Neurophysiol. 1971 Jun;30(6):505-09. [PMID: 4105646]
18. Bruni O, Ferri R, Miano S, et al. L -5-hydroxytryptophan treatment of sleep terrors in children. Eur J Pediatr. 2004 Jul;163(7):402-07. [PMID:15146330]
|USPS (Business Days)||UPS (Business Days)|
|USPS Priority Mail (1-3 Business Day)||UPS 2nd Day Air (2 Business Day)|
|USPS Parcel Select (1-7 Business Day )||UPS 3 Day Select (1-3 Business Day)|
|USPS First Class Package (1-3 Business Day)||UPS Ground (1-7 Business Day)|
Please Note: No Saturday Delivery Available.
Agape Nutrition is proud to offer:
United States Postal Service (USPS) and United Parcel Service (UPS) as our standard shipping carriers and their services. Shipping rates are determined in real time or carrier book rate by weight and distance. Shipping Options are determined and reflected upon check out, for your choosing. If an option is not listed upon check out, your package may not meet the weight requirement or the service may not be available to the address location. Automated invoices for orders and shipping updates will drop into the email listed on the Agape Nutrition account. If SMS is accepted, automated updates will go to your phone via text message, you may also receive an email.
We pride ourselves on providing fast service at competitive prices.
- Orders received by 12:00 pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) are generally processed the same day, and may ship within 24 hours. However, this is not a guarantee.
- Orders received after 12:00 PM (PST) may process within 24 to 48 hours of receipt.
- Tracking is updated within 24 to 48 hours of receipt and after processing and the package has shipped.
Processing and shipping times are:
- Estimated and applicable during regular business hours.
- Dependent upon the daily order volume at Agape Nutrition.
- Dependent upon the daily order volume at the partner warehouse.
- Dependent upon the time zones of our manufacture and distributor partners.
- Dependent upon the shipping service practices and processing standards.
Signature may be required for:
- Orders of a high dollar amount.
- Biotics Research shipments.
- Vielight shipments.
- Richway shipments.
- All electronic devices.
- All laboratory test kits.
We have fixed shipping rates for a select few brand partners as per their shipping rate requirements, which may be different then our own and other distributor warehouses. Brands that apply: Vielight, Richway International, Biotics Research.
Shipping carriers are experiencing delays. This is due to increased shipments resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic combined with any holidays, and / or natural disasters.
Expedited shipping (2-Day, 3-Day, and Next-Day) are not guaranteed by the carriers and does not include weekend delivery. Due to no carrier guarantees, delayed or late packages are not eligible for refunds. This is a stipulation directly from the shipping carriers and is out of our control.
Shipping Service Guarantees Remain Suspended for Most Shipments. Please reach out to the shipping carrier for more information.
Please see our FAQ page for additional questions and answers.
All discounts and promotional offers are calculated before shipping and handling rates are applied.
Orders cannot be cancelled or changed once the order has been placed and the confirmation is received.
Products may ship faster then expected, and many are automated to process directly after order confirmation. We work directly with top professional manufactures and distributors from across the United States, in all time zones. There are a lot of cogs and wheels turning to process and ship your order efficiently to meet an on time delivery target. When you request a cancellation or change of an order, it may take up to 72 hours to process your request. This process may involve voiding orders in computer systems, removing items from back order logs, pulling items from production schedules and sometimes stopping orders at the shipping dock or warehouse. Our order fulfillment may be performed by many quick hands, in different states and time zones. Therefore, we cannot offer or guarantee order cancellations after the order has been received.
- Products may process and ship faster then expected.
- Products may be automated to process directly after the order is confirmed.
- Product warehouses may be in different states and time zones.
- Orders may take up to 72 hours to process a cancellation or change.
Agape Nutrition is proud to ship to 52 states and territories of the United States.
- All 50 United States (includes Washington DC, Hawaii, Alaska)
- Armed Forces: Americas (AA)
Orders shipped to U.S. military addresses (APO/FPO/DPO) will ship via United States Postal Service (USPS) at the carrier book rate; normal delivery of these orders may be delayed by one (1) business day.
Agape Nutrition does not offer international shipping at this time, outside the 52 states, including Washington DC and Armed Forces Americas of the United States.
HEAT SENSITIVE SHIPMENTS
Products requiring shipment in a cool environment (perishable and frozen items) are subject to special shipping procedures due to their sensitive nature to ensure customers receive products in good condition. Heat sensitive items are shipped using sealed thermal bubble bag, ice pack or brick, resealable bag and extra padding to ensure a cool environment. We do not recommend heat sensitive item ship to territories of the United States, and we cannot be held responsible for cooled environment degradation to these destinations.
Agape Nutrition recommends that heat sensitive products ship with your preference of any 1-3 Day delivery service. We do not offer overnight or next day delivery service at this time. Saturday delivery is not available or guaranteed, unless offered by the shipping carrier as part of the normal delivery.
- Heat sensitive items are not eligible for return, credit, or refund. As we cannot guarantee cool storage or efficacy of the product, after the order has been delivered.
- Delays in shipping service delivery, caused an issue? See our return policy for further information.
Please be aware of severe weather and hazardous conditions in your area or other states that may affect the timeliness of your package delivery. Agape Nutrition can not be responsible for severe weather and unforeseen incidents that may impact the processing times and/or shipping services. We will work to ensure the safety of our employees while minimizing effects on service. Contingency plans are in place to help ensure that shipments arrive at their final destinations as quickly as conditions permit.
Please Be Aware of Any Possible Shipping Delays:
(1) Slight delays with fulfillment processing may occur as manufacture and distributor warehouses are experiencing higher than normal volume and demand for nutritional items.
(2) Shipping carriers are experiencing delays. This is due to increased shipments resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic combined with any holidays, and/or natural disasters. Expedited shipping (2-Day, 3-Day, and Next-Day) are not guaranteed by the carriers and does not include weekend delivery. Please reach out to the shipping carrier for more information.
(3) Please be aware of severe weather conditions in or around your location and surrounding states that my affect the timeliness of delivery.