XYMOGEN, Berberine 120 Capsules
Berberine is a naturally occurring plant alkaloid broadly used in traditional ayurvedic and Chinese herbal practices with demonstrated benefits for blood glucose and lipid metabolism. In addition, it is used to support gastrointestinal and immune health.*
- Supports Healthy Blood Glucose and Lipid Metabolism*
- Supports Gastrointestinal Health*
- Supports Immune Health*
Berberine is a plant alkaloid derived from several different plant species that have been traditionally used in Ayurveda and traditional Chinese medicine for a variety of therapeutic applications. Modern clinical use as well as published in vivo, in vitro, and animal research studies have demonstrated a role for berberine in supporting healthy blood glucose and lipid metabolism as well as positively impacting gastrointestinal health.*[1-5]
One of the most time-honored uses of berberine is as a traditional remedy for loose bowels. Although the exact mechanism isn’t clear, the beneficial use of berberine for this purpose has been attributed in animal and in vitro studies to its antisecretory effect and to its support of healthy microbial activity in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.[6-8] Preliminary human clinical studies in India in the 1960s, followed by a slew of research in the 1980s, have helped to establish an evidence base for these effects. In a randomized controlled trial in subjects with watery stools thought to be caused by certain strains of bacteria, it was found that a single 400 mg dose of berberine resulted in significantly reduced stool volume in the test group.*
While widely used for its effect on loose bowels, berberine was serendipitously discovered to have an effect on blood glucose metabolism in studies using it to ease GI upset in diabetic patients. Subsequent research has since established berberine’s effect on blood glucose metabolism followed by lipid metabolism. Although the mechanisms underlying these beneficial effects are not entirely clear, it has been hypothesized that the modulation of gut microbes may be one mechanism by which berberine affects blood glucose metabolism. Results from animal and in vitro studies suggest that berberine moderates glucose and lipid metabolism through a multi-pathway mechanism that includes adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase (AMPK), the c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) pathway, and the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-alpha pathway.[2,10] Separate research on AMPK reports that the activation of the AMPK pathway stimulates glucose uptake and fat oxidation while suppressing lipogenesis and gluconeogenesis. Berberine is also believed to be involved in the regulation of pancreatic beta cell function, and it has been observed to inhibit the expression of disaccharidases in the duodenum, resulting in less glucose being formed from carbohydrate digestion.*
Although more research is needed to evaluate the effects of berberine in healthy subjects, several trials have assessed the hypoglycemic effect of berberine as an adjuvant to existing treatments. These studies were primarily in subjects with type 2 diabetes who were administered doses ranging from 1,000 to 1,500 mg per day. The results demonstrated a reduction in HbA1c, fasting blood glucose, and post-prandial plasma glucose levels.*
A wide range of studies has also demonstrated that berberine provides cardiovascular benefits due to its lipid-lowering effect. According to the results of several studies including a meta-analysis of 27 clinical trials with over 2,500 participants, berberine doses ranging from 500 mg to 1,500 mg per day had a positive benefit on lipid profile cardiovascular markers, including LDL cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, and triglyceride levels.*[1,4,14,15
In addition to the well-established effects reviewed above, berberine has been shown in animal and in vitro models to affect the function of the immune system. Research studies reveal that berberine alkaloids have an immunomodulatory effect through a shift in the cellular immune response to Th2, Treg induction, and stimulation of IL-4 and IL-10. The immunomodulatory effect of berberine on neuroprotective activity has also been well-explored.*
XYMOGEN’s Berberine contains 1,000 mg of berberine hydrochloride (HCl) derived from Berberis aristata, commonly known as Indian Barberry. This multidimensional formula is designed to provide support for blood glucose and lipid metabolism while also promoting gastrointestinal and immune support.*
Capsule (hypromellose and water), dicalcium phosphate, ascorbyl palmitate, and silica.
Take two capsules twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare professional. Consult your healthcare professional before use. Individuals taking medication should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare professionals. Do not use it if the tamper seal is damaged.
Keep closed in a cool, dry place out of reach of children.
Formulated To Exclude:
Wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, soy, animal and dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs), artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, and artificial preservatives.
- Imenshahidi M, Hosseinzadeh H. Phytother Res. 2019 Mar;33(3):504-523. doi:10.1002/ ptr.6252.
- Zhang Q, Xiao X, Feng K, et al. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2011;2011:924851. doi:10.1155/2011/924851.
- Yin J, Xing H, Ye J. Metabolism. 2008 May;57(5):712-17. doi:10.1016/j. metabol.2008.01.013.
- Zhang Y, Li X, Zou D, et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008 Jul;93(7):2559-65. doi:10.1210/ jc.2007-2404.
- Li Z, Geng YN, Jiang JD, et al. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2014;2014:289264. doi:10.1155/2014/289264.
- Sack RB, Froehlich JL. Infect Immun. 1982 Feb;35(2):471-5. doi:10.1128/IAI.35.2.471-475.
- Amin AH, Subbaiah TV, Abbasi KM. Can J Microbiol. 1969 Sep;15(9):1067-1076. doi:10.1139/m69-190.
- Lakes JE, Richards CI, Flythe MD. Anaerobe. 2020 Feb;61:102145. doi:10.1016/j. anaerobe.2019.102145.
- Rabbani GH, Butler T, Knight J, et al. J Infect Dis. 1987 May;155(5):979-84. doi:10.1093/ infdis/155.5.979.
- Zhou L, Yang Y, Wang X, et al. Metabolism. 2007;56(3):405-412. doi:10.1016/j. metabol.2006.10.025.
- Han J, Lin H, Huang W. Med Sci Monit. 2011;17(7):RA164-RA167. doi:10.12659/ msm.881842.
- Wang Q, Zhang M, Liang B, et al. PLoS One. 2011;6(9):e25436. doi:10.1371/journal. pone.0025436.
- Chen C, Yu Z, Li Y, et al. Am J Chin Med. 2014;42(5):1053-1070. doi:10.1142/ S0192415X14500669.
- Lan J, Zhao Y, Dong F, et al. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015 Feb 23;161:69-81. doi:10.1016/j. jep.2014.09.049.
- Derosa G, D’Angelo A, Bonaventura A, et al. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2013 Apr;13(4):475-82. doi:10.1517/14712598.2013.776037.
- Kalmarzi RN, Naleini SN, Ashtary-Larky D, et al. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2019 Nov 19;2019:6183965. doi:10.1155/2019/6183965.
- Kumar A, Ekavali, Chopra K, et al. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015 Aug 15;761:288–297. doi:10.1016/j.ejphar.2015.05.068.
|USPS (Business Days)||UPS (Business Days)|
|USPS Priority Mail (1-3 Business Day)||UPS 2nd Day Air (2 Business Day)|
|USPS Parcel Select (1-7 Business Day )||UPS 3 Day Select (1-3 Business Day)|
|USPS First Class Package (1-3 Business Day)||UPS Ground (1-7 Business Day)|
Please Note: No Saturday Delivery Available.
Agape Nutrition is proud to offer:
United States Postal Service (USPS) and United Parcel Service (UPS) as our standard shipping carriers and their services. Shipping rates are determined in real time or carrier book rate by weight and distance. Shipping Options are determined and reflected upon check out, for your choosing. If an option is not listed upon check out, your package may not meet the weight requirement or the service may not be available to the address location. Automated invoices for orders and shipping updates will drop into the email listed on the Agape Nutrition account. If SMS is accepted, automated updates will go to your phone via text message, you may also receive an email.
We pride ourselves on providing fast service at competitive prices.
- Orders received by 12:00 pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) are generally processed the same day, and may ship within 24 hours. However, this is not a guarantee.
- Orders received after 12:00 PM (PST) may process within 24 to 48 hours of receipt.
- Tracking is updated within 24 to 48 hours of receipt and after processing and the package has shipped.
Processing and shipping times are:
- Estimated and applicable during regular business hours.
- Dependent upon the daily order volume at Agape Nutrition.
- Dependent upon the daily order volume at the partner warehouse.
- Dependent upon the time zones of our manufacture and distributor partners.
- Dependent upon the shipping service practices and processing standards.
Signature may be required for:
- Orders of a high dollar amount.
- Biotics Research shipments.
- Vielight shipments.
- Richway shipments.
- All electronic devices.
- All laboratory test kits.
We have fixed shipping rates for a select few brand partners as per their shipping rate requirements, which may be different then our own and other distributor warehouses. Brands that apply: Vielight, Richway International, Biotics Research.
Shipping carriers are experiencing delays. This is due to increased shipments resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic combined with any holidays, and / or natural disasters.
Expedited shipping (2-Day, 3-Day, and Next-Day) are not guaranteed by the carriers and does not include weekend delivery. Due to no carrier guarantees, delayed or late packages are not eligible for refunds. This is a stipulation directly from the shipping carriers and is out of our control.
Shipping Service Guarantees Remain Suspended for Most Shipments. Please reach out to the shipping carrier for more information.
Please see our FAQ page for additional questions and answers.
All discounts and promotional offers are calculated before shipping and handling rates are applied.
Orders cannot be cancelled or changed once the order has been placed and the confirmation is received.
Products may ship faster then expected, and many are automated to process directly after order confirmation. We work directly with top professional manufactures and distributors from across the United States, in all time zones. There are a lot of cogs and wheels turning to process and ship your order efficiently to meet an on time delivery target. When you request a cancellation or change of an order, it may take up to 72 hours to process your request. This process may involve voiding orders in computer systems, removing items from back order logs, pulling items from production schedules and sometimes stopping orders at the shipping dock or warehouse. Our order fulfillment may be performed by many quick hands, in different states and time zones. Therefore, we cannot offer or guarantee order cancellations after the order has been received.
- Products may process and ship faster then expected.
- Products may be automated to process directly after the order is confirmed.
- Product warehouses may be in different states and time zones.
- Orders may take up to 72 hours to process a cancellation or change.
Agape Nutrition is proud to ship to 52 states and territories of the United States.
- All 50 United States (includes Washington DC, Hawaii, Alaska)
- Armed Forces: Americas (AA)
Orders shipped to U.S. military addresses (APO/FPO/DPO) will ship via United States Postal Service (USPS) at the carrier book rate; normal delivery of these orders may be delayed by one (1) business day.
Agape Nutrition does not offer international shipping at this time, outside the 52 states, including Washington DC and Armed Forces Americas of the United States.
HEAT SENSITIVE SHIPMENTS
Products requiring shipment in a cool environment (perishable and frozen items) are subject to special shipping procedures due to their sensitive nature to ensure customers receive products in good condition. Heat sensitive items are shipped using sealed thermal bubble bag, ice pack or brick, resealable bag and extra padding to ensure a cool environment. We do not recommend heat sensitive item ship to territories of the United States, and we cannot be held responsible for cooled environment degradation to these destinations.
Agape Nutrition recommends that heat sensitive products ship with your preference of any 1-3 Day delivery service. We do not offer overnight or next day delivery service at this time. Saturday delivery is not available or guaranteed, unless offered by the shipping carrier as part of the normal delivery.
- Heat sensitive items are not eligible for return, credit, or refund. As we cannot guarantee cool storage or efficacy of the product, after the order has been delivered.
- Delays in shipping service delivery, caused an issue? See our return policy for further information.
Please be aware of severe weather and hazardous conditions in your area or other states that may affect the timeliness of your package delivery. Agape Nutrition can not be responsible for severe weather and unforeseen incidents that may impact the processing times and/or shipping services. We will work to ensure the safety of our employees while minimizing effects on service. Contingency plans are in place to help ensure that shipments arrive at their final destinations as quickly as conditions permit.
Please Be Aware of Any Possible Shipping Delays:
(1) Slight delays with fulfillment processing may occur as manufacture and distributor warehouses are experiencing higher than normal volume and demand for nutritional items.
(2) Shipping carriers are experiencing delays. This is due to increased shipments resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic combined with any holidays, and/or natural disasters. Expedited shipping (2-Day, 3-Day, and Next-Day) are not guaranteed by the carriers and does not include weekend delivery. Please reach out to the shipping carrier for more information.
(3) Please be aware of severe weather conditions in or around your location and surrounding states that my affect the timeliness of delivery.