XYMOGEN, BrainSustain™ for Kids Vanilla Delight 15 Servings
Representing more than 30 years of neuroscience research, this convenient powdered formula is designed to enhance children’s brain development and performance.*
- Supports Brain Health and Healthy Recall Ability*
- Provides Nutrients That Support Antioxidant Mechanisms*
- Supplies Protein and Amino Acids for Neurotransmitter Production*
EVNol™, currently found in Creamy Chocolate and Vanilla Delight and not in BrainSustain for Kids, is a patented, full-spectrum, pure d-mixed–tocotrienols complex. This advanced tocotrienol ingredient is derived from sustainable red palm fruit oil—a scientifically validated source. It is primarily composed of the four tocotrienol isomers (alpha, beta, gamma, and delta) in natural ratios. EVNol also provides d-alpha-tocopherol and phytonutrients that are naturally extracted with the tocotrienols. The result is a natural and wholesome tocotrienol complex. The extraordinary protective benefits of tocotrienols on brain cells (e.g., white matter) and neurons have been demonstrated in in vitro, animal, and human studies.[1-3] A large, placebo-controlled human trial investigated the effects of tocotrienols on white matter lesions (WML). Individuals taking the placebo showed an increase in WML volume, while those taking 200 mg of EVNol twice a day (equivalent to approximately 68 mg pure d-mixed tocotrienols) remained essentially unchanged. Scientists later determined that in order to achieve brain protection, the required plasma level of tocotrienols is just 588.6 nanomolar, which equates to approximately 31.25 mg of pure d-mixed tocotrienols/day.*[4,5]
Furthermore, several studies have shown that good vitamin E status, especially tocotrienols, is associated with cognitive health and reduced risk of cognitive impairment in older adults.[5,6] In a cross-sectional multicenter study on elderly subjects, researchers at the Aging Research Center at Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm found that cognitively normal individuals had better mean plasma levels of vitamin E, especially tocotrienols, and lower oxidative damage markers. Other research has demonstrated that combined tocopherol and tocotrienol administration supports healthy living conditions and liver triglyceride metabolism.*[7-10]
EVNol has a self-affirmed GRAS (generally recognized as safe) designation. It is 100% vegetarian-based and is derived from non-GMO sources.
N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) is a precursor to glutathione—a tripeptide active in detoxification and antioxidant systems. Research suggests that NAC hinders the formation of free radicals that can contribute to oxidative stress in the brain.*
Phosphatidylserine (PS) is a phospholipid that is highly concentrated in the brain and plays a key role in neuronal energy production and communication. The body must synthesize the PS it needs for brain health because very little is found in food. Supplementation can help maintain normal brain levels of PS and thereby support brain functions that are dependent on this vital phospholipid.[12-14] For some individuals, changes in brain function may be related to “age-related decline in nutrition,” and early nutrition intervention may be warranted. These BrainSustain formulas contain safe-source PS from non-GMO soy.*
Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR) supports nerve health. It is able to cross the blood-brain barrier where it stabilizes cell membranes, provides antioxidant support, and helps maintain brain cell health.[17-19] In addition, ALCAR supports neuronal energy production, facilitates the transport of fuel and waste products into and out of mitochondria, and supports the production of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter essential to the processes of learning and concentration.*[18,20]
Alpha-Lipoic Acid has fat- and water-soluble properties and therefore imparts intracellular and extracellular protection against oxidative stress. With its low molecular weight, alpha-lipoic acid is easily absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract. It then enters circulation, crosses the blood-brain barrier, and reaches the brain where it can support antioxidant activity and regenerate glutathione, vitamin E, and vitamin C.*[21,22]
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) plays a pivotal role in energy generation because it transports electrons in the mitochondrial electron transport chain. CoQ10 also donates electrons, helping to protect the brain from oxidative stress and further supporting neuronal cell health.*
Glucoraphanin (previously Brassica’s SGS™, now Brassica’s TrueBroc®) is a patented phytochemical derived from broccoli extract. Extensive research suggests that when glucoraphanin is enzymatically converted to sulforaphane (its active form), it safely and effectively supports the Nrf2 system, antioxidant systems, and vital phase II detoxification enzymes.[24,25] This process provides protection from common toxins and xenobiotics.*
DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) is a conditionally essential fatty acid and the main polyunsaturated fatty acid in the brain. DHA supports the structure and function of brain cell membranes and hence plays a fundamental role in neuronal communication. Studies suggest that DHA supports the biosynthesis and accumulation of PS in neuronal and glial cells as well.*
VegaPro™ is XYMOGEN’s proprietary and lactose-free pea/rice protein blend. In BrainSustain and BrainSustain for Kids, VegaPro is coupled with Aminogen®, an enzyme complex that facilitates protein digestion and absorption. Amino acids from protein metabolism provide the precursors needed for neurotransmitter production.*
Micronutrients complete the adult version of this formula’s comprehensive design. These include magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin D3, vitamin E (as mixed tocopherols), and activated B vitamins riboflavin 5’-phosphate (B2), pyridoxal 5’-phosphate (B6), methylcobalamin (B12), and folate as 5-MTHF (5-methyltetrahydrofolate). 5-MTHF supports healthy folate nutrition, especially in individuals with genetic variations in folate metabolism. 5-MTHF is provided as Quatrefolic® for enhanced stability, solubility, and bioavailability.[28,29] In addition, one serving of BrainSustain adult formula provides the same amount of NAC, PS, ALCAR, alpha-lipoic acid, CoQ10, and glucoraphanin as eight capsules of NeuroActives™ BrainSustain™.*
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (About 17.9 g)
Servings Per Container: About 15
Amount Per Serving %Daily Value
Total Fat 3 g 4%‡
Saturated Fat 1 g 5%‡
Total Carbohydrate 7 g 3%‡
Dietary Fiber 2 g 7%
Total Sugars 3 g **
Includes 3g Added Sugars 6%
Protein (from Pea Protein Isolate and Rice Protein Concentrate) 6 g
Iron (naturally occurring) 1 mg 6%
Sodium (naturally occurring) 130 mg 6%
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine 100 mg **
DHA (docosahexaenoic acid from algal oil)S1 50 mg **
Coenzyme Q10 (as ubiquinone)S2 50 mg **
Glucoraphanin (from broccoli extract)(Brassica oleraceaitalica)(seed)S3 30 mg **
PhosphatidylserineS4 25 mg **
Alpha-Lipoic Acid 20 mg **
‡ Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
** Daily Value not established
Sunflower oil, dried cane syrup, natural flavors (no MSG), inulin (from chicory), medium-chain triglyceride oil, fungal proteasesS5, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, guar gum, stevia leaf extract, glycine, L-glutamine, and silica.
For children four years of age or older, blend, shake, or briskly stir 1 level scoop (17.9 grams) of BrainSustain™ for Kids into 4-6 oz chilled water or other beverage, or as directed by your healthcare professional. Adjust the amount of water to desired sweetness and/or thickness. Consult your healthcare professional prior to use. Individuals taking medication should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare professionals. Do not use it if the tamper seal is damaged.
Keep closed in a cool, dry place out of reach of children.
Formulated To Exclude:
Wheat, gluten, yeast, soy protein, animal and dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, and artificial preservatives.
- Selvaraju TR, Khaza’ai H, Vidyadaran S, et al. The neuroprotective effects of tocotrienol-rich fraction and alpha tocopherol against glutamate injury in astrocytes. Bosn J Basic Med Sci. 2014 Nov 16;14(4):195-204. [PMID: 25428670]
- Gopalan Y, Shuaib IL, Magosso E, et al. Clinical investigation of the protective effects of palm vitamin E tocotrienols on brain white matter. Stroke. 2014 May;45(5):1422-28. [PMID: 24699052]
- Rink C, Christoforidis G, Khanna S, et al. Tocotrienol vitamin E protects against preclinical canine ischemic stroke by inducing arteriogenesis. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2011 Nov;31(11):2218- 30. [PMID: 21673716]
- Khosla P, Patel V, Whinter JM, et al. Postprandial levels of the natural vitamin E tocotrienol in human circulation. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2006 May-Jun;8(5-6):1059-68. [PMID: 16771695]
- Mangialasche F, Xu W, Kivipelto M, et al. Tocopherols and tocotrienols plasma levels are associated with cognitive impairment. Neurobiol Aging. 2012 Oct;33(10):2282-90. [PMID: 22192241]
- Mangialasche F, Solomon A, Kåreholt I, et al. Serum levels of vitamin E forms and risk of cognitive impairment in a Finnish cohort of older adults. Exp Gerontol. 2013 Dec;48(12):1428-35. [PMID: 24113154]
- Muto C, Yachi R, Aoki Y, et al. Gamma-tocotrienol reduces the triacylglycerol level in rat primary hepatocytes through regulation of fatty acid metabolism. J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2013 Jan;52(1):32- 37. [PMID: 23341695]
- Yachi R, Muto C, Ohtaka N, et al. Effects of tocotrienol on tumor necrosis factor-α/dgalactosamine-induced steatohepatitis in rats. J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2013 Mar;52(2):146-53. [PMID: 23526264]
- Magosso E, Ansari MA, Gopalan Y, et al. Tocotrienols for normalization of hepatic echogenic response in nonalcoholic fatty liver: a randomized placebo-controlled clinical trial. Nutr J. 2013 Dec 27;12(1):166. [PMID: 24373555]
- Thendiono EJ, Arguillas M. The effect of vitamin E (mixed tocotrienol) on the liver stiffness measurement measured by transient elastography (fibroscan) among NAFLD patients. Poster presented at APASL Liver Week; June 6-10, 2013; Suntec, Singapore.
- Sansone RA, Sansone LA. Getting a knack for NAC: N-acetyl-cysteine. Innov Clin Neurosci. 2011 Jan;8(1):10-14. [PMID: 21311702]
- Kato-Kataoka A, Sakai M, Ebina R, et al. Soybean-derived phosphatidylserine improves memory function of the elderly Japanese subjects with memory complaints. J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2010 Nov;47(3):246-55. [PMID: 21103034]
- Richter Y, Herzog Y, Cohen T, et al. The effect of phosphatidylserine-containing omega-3 fatty acids on memory abilities in subjects with subjective memory complaints: a pilot study. Clin Interv Aging. 2010 Nov 2;5:313-16. [PMID: 21103402]
- Vakhapova V, Cohen T, Richter Y, et al. Phosphatidylserine containing omega-3 fatty acids may improve memory abilities in non-demented elderly with memory complaints: a double-blind placebo-controlled trial. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2010;29(5):467-74. [PMID: 20523044]
- Suchy J, Chan A, Shea TB. Dietary supplementation with a combination of alpha-lipoic acid, acetyl-L-carnitine, glycerophosphocholine, docosahexaenoic acid, and phosphatidylserine reduces oxidative damage to the murine brain and improves cognitive performance. Nutr Res. 2009 Jan;29(1):70-74. [PMID: 19185780]
- Picconi B, Barone I, Pisani A, et al. Acetyl-L-carnitine protects striatal neurons against in vitro ischemia: the role of endogenous acetylcholine. Neuropharmacology. 2006 Jun;50(8):917-23. [PMID: 16500685]
- Steffen V, Santiago M, de la Cruz CP, et al. Effect of intraventricular injection of 1-methyl-4- phenylpyridinium: protection by acetyl-L-carnitine. Hum Exp Toxicol. 1995 Nov;14(11):865-71. [PMID: 8588946]
- Sorbi S, Forleo P, Fani C, et al. Double-blind, crossover, placebo-controlled clinical trial with L-acetylcarnitine in patients with degenerative cerebellar ataxia. Clin Neuropharmacol. 2000 Mar-Apr;23(2):114-18. [PMID: 10803803]
- Jones LL, McDonald DA, Borum PR. Acylcarnitines: role in the brain. Prog Lipid Res. 2010 Jan;49(1):61-75. Review. [PMID: 19720082]
- Kobayashi S, Iwamoto M, Kon K, et al. Acetyl-L-carnitine improves aged brain function. Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2010 Jul;10 Suppl 1:S99-106. [PMID: 20590847]
- Packer L, Tritschler HJ, Wessel K. Neuroprotection by the metabolic antioxidant alpha-lipoic acid. Free Radic Biol Med. 1997;22(1-2):359-78. Review. [PMID: 8958163]
- Liu J. The effects and mechanisms of mitochondrial nutrient alpha-lipoic acid on improving age-associated mitochondrial and cognitive dysfunction: an overview. Neurochem Res. 2008 Jan;33(1):194-203. Review. [PMID: 17605107]
- Mancuso M, Orsucci D, Volpi L, et al. Coenzyme Q10 in neuromuscular and neurodegenerative disorders. Curr Drug Targets. 2010 Jan;11(1):111-21. Review. [PMID: 20017723]
- Ping Z, Liu W, Kang Z, et al. Sulforaphane protects brains against hypoxic-ischemic injury through induction of Nrf2-dependent phase 2 enzyme. Brain Res. 2010 Jul 9;1343:178-85. [PMID: 20417626]
- Vauzour D, Buonfiglio M, Corona G, et al. Sulforaphane protects cortical neurons against 5-S-cysteinyl-dopamine-induced toxicity through the activation of ERK1/2, Nrf-2 and the upregulation of detoxification enzymes. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2010 Apr;54(4):532-42. [PMID: 20166144]
- Chang CY, Ke DS, Chen JY. Essential fatty acids and the human brain. Acta Neurol Taiwan. 2009 Dec;18(4):231-41. Review. [PMID: 20329590]
- Guo M, Stockert L, Akbar M, et al. Neuronal specific increase of phosphatidylserine by docosahexaenoic acid. J Mol Neurosci. 2007 Sep;33(1):67-73. [PMID: 17901548]
- Prinz-Langenohl R, Brämswig S, Tobolski O, et al. [6S]-5-methyltetrahydrofolate increases plasma folate more effectively than folic acid in women with the homozygous or wild-type 677C-->T polymorphism of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase. Br J Pharmacol. 2009 Dec;158(8):2014- 21. [PMID: 19917061]
- Quatrefolic®. http://quatrefolic.com. Accessed April 30, 2012.
Agape Nutrition is proud to offer:
United States Postal Service (USPS) and United Parcel Service (UPS) as our standard shipping carriers and their services. Shipping rates are determined in real time or carrier book rate by weight and distance. Shipping Options are determined and reflected upon check out, for your choosing. If an option is not listed upon check out, your package may not meet the weight requirement or the service may not be available to the address location. Automated invoices for orders and shipping updates will drop into the email listed on the Agape Nutrition account. If SMS is accepted, automated updates will go to your phone via text message, you may also receive an email.
We pride ourselves on providing fast service at competitive prices.
- Orders received by 12:00 pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) are generally processed the same day, and may ship within 24 hours. However, this is not a guarantee.
- Orders received after 12:00 PM (PST) may process within 24 to 48 hours of receipt.
- Tracking is updated within 24 to 48 hours of receipt and after processing and the package has shipped.
Processing and shipping times are:
- Estimated and applicable during regular business hours.
- Dependent upon the daily order volume at Agape Nutrition.
- Dependent upon the daily order volume at the partner warehouse.
- Dependent upon the time zones of our manufacture and distributor partners.
- Dependent upon the shipping service practices and processing standards.
|USPS (Business Days)||UPS (Business Days)|
|USPS Priority Mail (1-3 Business Day)||UPS 2nd Day Air (2 Business Day)|
|USPS Parcel Select (1-7 Business Day )||UPS 3 Day Select (1-3 Business Day)|
|USPS First Class Package (1-3 Business Day)||UPS Ground (1-7 Business Day)|
Please Note: No Saturday Delivery Available.
Signature may be required for:
- Orders of a high dollar amount.
- Biotics Research shipments.
- Vielight shipments.
- Richway shipments.
- All electronic devices.
- All laboratory test kits.
We have fixed shipping rates for a select few brand partners as per their shipping rate requirements, which may be different then our own and other distributor warehouses. Brands that apply: Vielight, Richway International, Biotics Research.
Shipping carriers are experiencing delays. This is due to increased shipments resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic combined with any holidays, and / or natural disasters.
Expedited shipping (2-Day, 3-Day, and Next-Day) are not guaranteed by the carriers and does not include weekend delivery. Due to no carrier guarantees, delayed or late packages are not eligible for refunds. This is a stipulation directly from the shipping carriers and is out of our control.
Shipping Service Guarantees Remain Suspended for Most Shipments. Please reach out to the shipping carrier for more information.
Please see our FAQ page for additional questions and answers.
All discounts and promotional offers are calculated before shipping and handling rates are applied.
Orders cannot be cancelled or changed once the order has been placed and the confirmation is received.
Products may ship faster then expected, and many are automated to process directly after order confirmation. We work directly with top professional manufactures and distributors from across the United States, in all time zones. There are a lot of cogs and wheels turning to process and ship your order efficiently to meet an on time delivery target. When you request a cancellation or change of an order, it may take up to 72 hours to process your request. This process may involve voiding orders in computer systems, removing items from back order logs, pulling items from production schedules and sometimes stopping orders at the shipping dock or warehouse. Our order fulfillment may be performed by many quick hands, in different states and time zones. Therefore, we cannot offer or guarantee order cancellations after the order has been received.
- Products may process and ship faster then expected.
- Products may be automated to process directly after the order is confirmed.
- Product warehouses may be in different states and time zones.
- Orders may take up to 72 hours to process a cancellation or change.
Agape Nutrition is proud to ship to 52 states and territories of the United States.
- All 50 United States (includes Washington DC, Hawaii, Alaska)
- Armed Forces: Americas (AA)
Orders shipped to U.S. military addresses (APO/FPO/DPO) will ship via United States Postal Service (USPS) at the carrier book rate; normal delivery of these orders may be delayed by one (1) business day.
Agape Nutrition does not offer international shipping at this time, outside the 52 states, including Washington DC and Armed Forces Americas of the United States.
HEAT SENSITIVE SHIPMENTS
Products requiring shipment in a cool environment (perishable and frozen items) are subject to special shipping procedures due to their sensitive nature to ensure customers receive products in good condition. Heat sensitive items are shipped using sealed thermal bubble bag, ice pack or brick, resealable bag and extra padding to ensure a cool environment. We do not recommend heat sensitive item ship to territories of the United States, and we cannot be held responsible for cooled environment degradation to these destinations.
Agape Nutrition recommends that heat sensitive products ship with your preference of any 1-3 Day delivery service. We do not offer overnight or next day delivery service at this time. Saturday delivery is not available or guaranteed, unless offered by the shipping carrier as part of the normal delivery.
- Heat sensitive items are not eligible for return, credit, or refund. As we cannot guarantee cool storage or efficacy of the product, after the order has been delivered.
- Delays in shipping service delivery, caused an issue? See our return policy for further information.
Please be aware of severe weather and hazardous conditions in your area or other states that may affect the timeliness of your package delivery. Agape Nutrition can not be responsible for severe weather and unforeseen incidents that may impact the processing times and/or shipping services. We will work to ensure the safety of our employees while minimizing effects on service. Contingency plans are in place to help ensure that shipments arrive at their final destinations as quickly as conditions permit.
Please Be Aware of Any Possible Shipping Delays:
(1) Slight delays with fulfillment processing may occur as manufacture and distributor warehouses are experiencing higher than normal volume and demand for nutritional items.
(2) Shipping carriers are experiencing delays. This is due to increased shipments resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic combined with any holidays, and/or natural disasters. Expedited shipping (2-Day, 3-Day, and Next-Day) are not guaranteed by the carriers and does not include weekend delivery. Please reach out to the shipping carrier for more information.
(3) Please be aware of severe weather conditions in or around your location and surrounding states that my affect the timeliness of delivery.