XYMOGEN, DHEA Micronized 25mg 60 Tablets
DHEA Micronized features dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), a steroid hormone precursor that is converted by the body into androgen, estrogen, and other hormones. DHEA naturally peaks in early adulthood and declines with age.*
- Supports Healthy Androgen and Estrogen Levels*
- Hormone Precursor to Androgens*
- Supports Healthy DHEA Levels*
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is a naturally occurring steroid hormone precursor synthesized from cholesterol primarily by the adrenal glands. It is produced in small amounts in the ovaries, the testes, and the brain. DHEA production gradually increases in adolescence, typically peaking between the ages of 20 and 30; then it slowly declines approximately 2% each year until about age 70, when it slows to 10%- 20% of the amount encountered in a young adult at peak level.*[1-5]
The body’s DHEA level consists of the combined total of DHEA and its sulfated form DHEA-sulfate (DHEA-S), the most abundant human circulating steroid. They are converted via multiple pathways into hormones such as testosterone and estrogen as needed. Supplemental DHEA is aimed at enhancing the DHEA reservoir so that an increased level is available for conversion to androgens, estrogens, and other hormones involved in a wide variety of physiological functions.*[1,3-5]
In a randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover trial in men (n = 13) and women (n = 17) aged 40-70 years, researchers administered a nightly dose of 50 mg of DHEA to test the hypothesis that a decline in DHEA contributes to the shift from anabolism to catabolism that is associated with aging. Within two weeks of DHEA replacement, serum levels of DHEA and DHEA-S were restored to levels typically found in individuals in their second decade of life and were sustained throughout the three-month study period. The levels of the androgens androstenedione, testosterone, and dihydrotestosterone were doubled in female subjects with only a slight increase in androstenedione in male subjects. DHEA, at the 50 mg dose level, induced a 10% increase in bioavailable insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1), which the authors suggest could result in an improvement in catabolic processes and physical/psychological well-being over time.*
In a follow-up study led by the same researcher as the study above, a larger dose (100 mg) of DHEA over a six-month period resulted in the elevation of circulating DHEA and DHEA-S. In the female subjects, biotransformation to androgen levels similar to their younger counterparts were observed. IGF-1 levels were analyzed in both genders with the male group showing a higher increase in lean body mass and muscle strength, suggesting a gender-specific response. Further research is warranted to explore gender and other potential contributing factors.*
In a randomized trial with healthy subjects (n = 280) aged 60-79 over a one-year period, subjects were given 50 mg of DHEA daily to re-establish DHEA levels. Results indicated that replacement therapy normalized a wide variety of age-related physiological functions and supported well-being. The authors suggested a need for further analysis of data.*
A meta-analysis of 25 randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies in elderly men evaluated the signs and symptoms of low levels of age-related DHEA and the effect of DHEA supplementation. DHEA levels were found to be correlated with many representative age-related phenomena. However, supplementation was found to induce only a small, albeit significant, effect on body composition that was dependent on conversion into the bioactive metabolites of androgen or estrogen.*
A recent review explored the role of DHEA as an indirect intermediate to androgens and estrogens in relation to varying health conditions in the body and included an overview of the mechanisms of action. The authors concluded that emerging research continues to confirm that DHEA supplementation may be beneficial for older individuals or those with endocrine deficiencies. They suggested that more studies in large populations are needed to validate immunomodulatory and cardiovascular benefits, further assess positive effects on lean muscle and fat mass, and evaluate administration protocols in postmenopausal women.*
Decades of evidence support DHEA supplementation to restore the DHEA reservoir to peak or near-peak levels in older populations. However, additional well-designed, large-scale trials are needed to clarify guidelines for clinical use.*[3,5]
Dicalcium phosphate dihydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, ascorbyl palmitate, hydroxypropyl cellulose, silica, and coating (tapioca maltodextrin, sunflower lecithin, palm oil, and guar gum).
Take one tablet twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare professional. Individuals taking medication should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare professionals. Do not use it if the tamper seal is damaged.
NOT FOR USE BY INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS. DO NOT USE IT IF PREGNANT OR NURSING. Consult a physician or licensed, qualified healthcare professional before using this product if you have, or have a family history of, prostate cancer, prostate enlargement, heart disease, low “good” cholesterol (HDL), or if you are using any other dietary supplement, prescription drug, or over-the-counter drug. Do not exceed recommended serving. Exceeding suggested serving may cause serious adverse health effects. Possible side effects include acne, hair loss, hair growth on the face (in women), aggressiveness, irritability, and increased levels of estrogen. Discontinue use and call a physician or licensed, qualified healthcare professional immediately if you experience rapid heartbeat, dizziness, blurred vision, or other similar symptoms. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Formulated To Exclude:
Wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, animal and dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs), artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, and artificial preservatives.
- Rutkowski K, Sowa P, Rutkowska-Talipska J, et al. Drugs. 2014 Jul;74(11):1195-207. doi:10.1007/s40265-014-0259-8.
- Labrie F, Bélanger A, Cusan L, et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1997;82(8):2396- 2402. doi:10.1210/jcem.82.8.4160.
- Sahu P, Gidwani B, Dhongade HJ. Steroids. 2020 Jan;153:108507. doi:10.1016/j.steroids.2019.108507.
- Corona G, Rastrelli G, Giagulli VA, et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013 Sep;98(9):3615-26. doi: 10.1210/jc.2013-1358.
- Traish AM, Kang HP, Saad F, et al. J Sex Med. 2011 Nov;8(11):2960-82; quiz 2983. doi: 10.1111/j.1743-6109.2011.02523.x.
- Morales AJ, Nolan JJ, Nelson JC, et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1994 Jun;78(6):1360-7. doi:10.1210/jcem.78.6.7515387.
- Morales AJ, Haubrich RH, Hwang JY, et el. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1998 Oct;49(4):421-32. doi:10.1046/j.1365-2265.1998.00507.x.
- Baulieu EE, Thomas G, Legrain S, et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000 Apr 11;97(8):4279-4284. doi:10.1073/pnas.97.8.4279.
|USPS (Business Days)||UPS (Business Days)|
|USPS Priority Mail (1-3 Business Day)||UPS 2nd Day Air (2 Business Day)|
|USPS Parcel Select (1-7 Business Day )||UPS 3 Day Select (1-3 Business Day)|
|USPS First Class Package (1-3 Business Day)||UPS Ground (1-7 Business Day)|
Please Note: No Saturday Delivery Available.
Agape Nutrition is proud to offer:
United States Postal Service (USPS) and United Parcel Service (UPS) as our standard shipping carriers and their services. Shipping rates are determined in real time or carrier book rate by weight and distance. Shipping Options are determined and reflected upon check out, for your choosing. If an option is not listed upon check out, your package may not meet the weight requirement or the service may not be available to the address location. Automated invoices for orders and shipping updates will drop into the email listed on the Agape Nutrition account. If SMS is accepted, automated updates will go to your phone via text message, you may also receive an email.
We pride ourselves on providing fast service at competitive prices.
- Orders received by 12:00 pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) are generally processed the same day, and may ship within 24 hours. However, this is not a guarantee.
- Orders received after 12:00 PM (PST) may process within 24 to 48 hours of receipt.
- Tracking is updated within 24 to 48 hours of receipt and after processing and the package has shipped.
Processing and shipping times are:
- Estimated and applicable during regular business hours.
- Dependent upon the daily order volume at Agape Nutrition.
- Dependent upon the daily order volume at the partner warehouse.
- Dependent upon the time zones of our manufacture and distributor partners.
- Dependent upon the shipping service practices and processing standards.
Signature may be required for:
- Orders of a high dollar amount.
- Biotics Research shipments.
- Vielight shipments.
- Richway shipments.
- All electronic devices.
- All laboratory test kits.
We have fixed shipping rates for a select few brand partners as per their shipping rate requirements, which may be different then our own and other distributor warehouses. Brands that apply: Vielight, Richway International, Biotics Research.
Shipping carriers are experiencing delays. This is due to increased shipments resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic combined with any holidays, and / or natural disasters.
Expedited shipping (2-Day, 3-Day, and Next-Day) are not guaranteed by the carriers and does not include weekend delivery. Due to no carrier guarantees, delayed or late packages are not eligible for refunds. This is a stipulation directly from the shipping carriers and is out of our control.
Shipping Service Guarantees Remain Suspended for Most Shipments. Please reach out to the shipping carrier for more information.
Please see our FAQ page for additional questions and answers.
All discounts and promotional offers are calculated before shipping and handling rates are applied.
Orders cannot be cancelled or changed once the order has been placed and the confirmation is received.
Products may ship faster then expected, and many are automated to process directly after order confirmation. We work directly with top professional manufactures and distributors from across the United States, in all time zones. There are a lot of cogs and wheels turning to process and ship your order efficiently to meet an on time delivery target. When you request a cancellation or change of an order, it may take up to 72 hours to process your request. This process may involve voiding orders in computer systems, removing items from back order logs, pulling items from production schedules and sometimes stopping orders at the shipping dock or warehouse. Our order fulfillment may be performed by many quick hands, in different states and time zones. Therefore, we cannot offer or guarantee order cancellations after the order has been received.
- Products may process and ship faster then expected.
- Products may be automated to process directly after the order is confirmed.
- Product warehouses may be in different states and time zones.
- Orders may take up to 72 hours to process a cancellation or change.
Agape Nutrition is proud to ship to 52 states and territories of the United States.
- All 50 United States (includes Washington DC, Hawaii, Alaska)
- Armed Forces: Americas (AA)
Orders shipped to U.S. military addresses (APO/FPO/DPO) will ship via United States Postal Service (USPS) at the carrier book rate; normal delivery of these orders may be delayed by one (1) business day.
Agape Nutrition does not offer international shipping at this time, outside the 52 states, including Washington DC and Armed Forces Americas of the United States.
HEAT SENSITIVE SHIPMENTS
Products requiring shipment in a cool environment (perishable and frozen items) are subject to special shipping procedures due to their sensitive nature to ensure customers receive products in good condition. Heat sensitive items are shipped using sealed thermal bubble bag, ice pack or brick, resealable bag and extra padding to ensure a cool environment. We do not recommend heat sensitive item ship to territories of the United States, and we cannot be held responsible for cooled environment degradation to these destinations.
Agape Nutrition recommends that heat sensitive products ship with your preference of any 1-3 Day delivery service. We do not offer overnight or next day delivery service at this time. Saturday delivery is not available or guaranteed, unless offered by the shipping carrier as part of the normal delivery.
- Heat sensitive items are not eligible for return, credit, or refund. As we cannot guarantee cool storage or efficacy of the product, after the order has been delivered.
- Delays in shipping service delivery, caused an issue? See our return policy for further information.
Please be aware of severe weather and hazardous conditions in your area or other states that may affect the timeliness of your package delivery. Agape Nutrition can not be responsible for severe weather and unforeseen incidents that may impact the processing times and/or shipping services. We will work to ensure the safety of our employees while minimizing effects on service. Contingency plans are in place to help ensure that shipments arrive at their final destinations as quickly as conditions permit.
Please Be Aware of Any Possible Shipping Delays:
(1) Slight delays with fulfillment processing may occur as manufacture and distributor warehouses are experiencing higher than normal volume and demand for nutritional items.
(2) Shipping carriers are experiencing delays. This is due to increased shipments resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic combined with any holidays, and/or natural disasters. Expedited shipping (2-Day, 3-Day, and Next-Day) are not guaranteed by the carriers and does not include weekend delivery. Please reach out to the shipping carrier for more information.
(3) Please be aware of severe weather conditions in or around your location and surrounding states that my affect the timeliness of delivery.